1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's been done since Jagger to bounce back

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aok, Jan 31, 2006.

1. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    No there isn't. They do have a legitimate reason to devalue rotating links though. But what does that matter we all know the coop is not an SEO tool :D.

mnemtsas, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I didn't really mean you to feel that I was accusing you of "coop bashing" - so sorry if you did! :)

What I wanted people to be clear of was the fact that there was strong evidence that it did not cause problems.

Not a SEO tool......Hehehe :D

and yes, if the text around the link does not resemble the link [which in the coop it doesn't] then it will be devalued...however if you look at the link: you will see them there so they do count.

Foxy, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. Aok

Aok Peon

Best Answers:
    just because google choses to list a link when doing link: does not necessarily mean they are valueing it - only google really knows what is being valued or penalized for sure.

Aok, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  4. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Derek

First I know my response is a week late but I didnt forget you.

I wish I knew what I was doing right. :p

I wasn't as fortunate as you, I had alot of bad coding and other problems.

Let me say before I get into changes that I got up yesterday and checked my stats with the digitalpoint tool and i had key phrases jump as much as 30 places and almost half of 70 key phrases went way up.

More importantly, the most vital key phrase went from 3 & 4 to 1 & 2, passing my local rival. I have been trying to achieve this for months.

Like most people I have done alot of things, many I have learned by reading here and I am very very grateful for the people and quality of resources here.

as for specific changes:

I split some pages. I organized links whenever possible.

I linked as many pages to the home page as practical.

I worked on a simple sitemap, and added as many pages as possible to it. I still have an orphan page or 2 but the major ones are listed.

I changed the anchor text of many internal links.

I cleaned, re-cleaned and re-cleaned code on some of the important pages.

I changed title text on many pages as advised here.

Maybe some of this is luck or coincidence???

I did notice that several of my client's sites made signifigant gains within the this same time frame. I am not sure if their rise was inter-related to mine or not.

I do think it's a good thing for us to experiment, report what we see and look for patterns.

albemarle24, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It appears that the penalty which appeared with Jagger1 has been removed from my afflicted site.

Things I've done recently:

1. 301'ed the domain to another domain name and then 301'ed it back.
    2. Complained like a screaming madman to Google about a network of web sites which copied my site and then cloaked the content.
    3. Waited for long agonizing months while Google destroyed $9k/mo of my AdSense revenue with their operational ineptitude.

Of course, this week they penalized a different one of my web sites. I don't know if they are doing this on purpose or not, but it does appear most likely that Google is simply inept.

As all of my sites are SEO'd similarly, and penalties seem to hit only a few of my sites, and then only randomly -- operational ineptitide is the only reasonable explanation.

The answer, of course, is to simply create twice as much revenue as you need. Then, when Google inevitably breaks something, you are still good.

Will.Spencer, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  6. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats. My sites are slowly starting to crawl back into the top 50 and top 100 for terms they were top 10/20 for pre-Jagger... Still almost no traffic, but at least it looks like some progress...

My income dropped 70% with Jagger, so that wouldn't work. I've struggled myself up to 50% of pre-Jagger levels about now-- with many different methods. If my old traffic actually comes back, I'll have a big boost over the pre-Jagger $$$, but I don't see that happening anytime soon... :( It's been too long to hold out hope for a miraculous change. Maybe if I'm lucky some of the things I've tried will work too-- or Google will fix their mistakes on my part...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  7. PankajKumar

PankajKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a nice topic. Got lot of information. thx again

PankajKumar, Dec 11, 2009 IP