1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's a fair price for writing a research paper for someone?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cancri, Apr 30, 2017.

What price would be fair to charge my sister for the 10 page research paper I wrote for her? It earned a 95% and her teacher isn't an easy grader, meaning I worked hard on it, I used 14 citations.

Normally I would expect at least $100 for something like that for someone who wasn't a friend or family.

She said she wanted to pay me around $50 but the rate would fluctuate depending on the "exact percentage" since she wanted a high A, which really pissed me off. (as if she would penalize me off an already discounted price if the paper got a 90%)

cancri, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You probably need to find a forum more suited for academic cheats.
    Ultimately you have her over a barrel because you can go to the teacher and spill the beans.
    Have a look at our content creation section and you'll see what the going rate for copywriting is - it's usually budgeted on a per word basis.

sarahk, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  3. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that depends on the research topic. If it's something you're very familiar and knowledgeable at, you can price it high. But if it's not, and it would take you lots of time to do it, you have to price it higher.

Time is also of the essence. The more it's urgent, the more it's pricey.

AT LEAST $100 is a good deal for a 10-page research paper. But you can surely price it higher. Around $20 per page, I guess?

Anitasol, May 1, 2017 IP
  4. cancri

cancri Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. But would you give the same price to a sibling? She's kind of a brat and we aren't on very good terms.

cancri, May 1, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    She's a cheat and you are enabling her. Talk it through with your parents and see what they think of their kids and how to resolve this issue.

sarahk, May 1, 2017 IP
  6. mike30

mike30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are right now like your clients. You shouldn't change the prices based on current good/bad terms. They are you clients. You choose to sell them a product/service or not, but don't change the price based on personal issues. (my humble opinion)

mike30, May 1, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:

If I were you, I wouldn't, for the sole reason that I want to help my sister :D lol. But basing on your situation, I'd surely give the same price to my sister. But you know... you have to talk it through with your parents.

Anitasol, May 2, 2017 IP