1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What your favorite CMS and tell me the reason!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by melobada, Dec 23, 2012.

hi guys what is your fav CMS and why u like it??
    Just ASk!

melobada, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  2. techbrain

techbrain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My Favorite CMS is wordpress, because its very easy to manage from admin and not technical knowledge is require, second its growing fast so most of the plugins are available as per requirement.

techbrain, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  3. ericlewis107

ericlewis107 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress and Drupal. Both are user friendly and secure compared to Joomla and other CMS out there.

ericlewis107, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  4. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress. It is very user friendly, easy to use and manage without any prior knowledge or experience and it has a very vast community of supporters and developers.

traxport121, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  5. UPLOADWEALTH-Dina

UPLOADWEALTH-Dina Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, Wordpress is everything that I think of for now. There many reasons that I really love Wordpress.
    - Easy to navigate and customize by using easy HTML structure with build-in functions that could easily recognize.
    - Easy to solve to issue when problem appear. There are many Wordpress users and communities out there.
    - Tons of plugins that could make my life easier with the plugin.
    - SEO structure ready. I love it when it comes to SEO in the Wordpress structures.

UPLOADWEALTH-Dina, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  6. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is best for easy installation, easy to setup and working, thousands of free themes, frequent updates, plugins, for blogs, affordable maintenance etc.
    Joomla for few pages website, designing, more secure than wordpress, ecommerce, for community etc.

Drupal for clean code, for developers, most secure CMS, eCommerce, designer etc.

mukesh4bs, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  7. lyros

lyros Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you need the cms for, and if you are willing to pay for extra functionality (plugins/ modules). I believe that the best way to judge is to have in mind the best Open Source CMSs and each time you are about to begin a project, make a good research about what they provide. I believe that it is importand to make a fresh research each time, because CMS versions get updated, plugins/modules are added ... generally things change... I always start with WordPress, since I find it easier to use.

For simple websites, search for WordPress (of course), Joomla, Drupal which are the most popular and there will be more support provided and support is an importand issue.
    Then check for themes and keep in mind those you like (and afford).
    Search for plugins you might need (sliders etc.). Some may be free, others may not be.

For e-commerce you can use WordPress with a plugin (eg. WP e-Commerce), Joomla (with eg. virtuemart), osCommerce, zencart and Prestashop. There are also non php solutions like Satchmo (built on Django) or Spree (built on Ruby on Rails).

There are plenty more to add... That's why for each project you have to search for specific functionalities (and plugins available) and for performance issues or any bugs for every CMS.

lyros, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  8. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wordpress. In case you want an ecommerce website, you can go with wp ecommerce, or you can try Prestashop also. If you are a newbie, it will be hard to edit any of them so you better learn wordpress, but go with something easier.

thedark, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  9. jprawlins

jprawlins Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress. and the main reason for that is that it can be used as a development platform, and clients LOVE it and can use it out of the box without a LOT of training. You can do just about anything with it via plug ins, and it's super simple to design for.

Someone mentioned Prestashop for ecommerce before me, I would recommend finding something other than prestashop for ecommerce... It's not as good as Magento, which is also free and has a much bigger following with easier to find resources.

jprawlins, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  10. samsamuel

samsamuel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just stay away from Vbulletin. I have all my 3 sites being slapped by panda and penguin due to vbulletin. You have to pay $285 every few years(version change) just for the lousy cms. If you want the vbseo, you have to fork out hundreds of dollars and $100 per year to maintain and that doesnt guarantee you to be seo friendly.

samsamuel, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  11. jprawlins

jprawlins Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't vbulletin a forum software? Not a cms??

12. samsamuel

samsamuel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They have cms as well and it costs a limb. Their forum and cms software has so much spams and they are not doing anything to fight against these spammers. The nightmare is still fresh in my mind. Paid hundreds of dollars and got my sites and server being ruined.

samsamuel, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  13. jprawlins

jprawlins Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not good for you. I would in most cases try to find an open source CMS, and see what kind of following it has before committing to it. For instance, when we were researching what CMS to use for us and our clients, we tested each one out ourselves, and also looked to see what kind of businesses were using them prior to going with them. I would probably never pay for a CMS unless it was the bees knees, but that's what WordPress is :)

14. allen_12

allen_12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I always use Joomla for all my site, and its best in CMS. Good templates, a huge module/plugin/components library - and all free. Of course, there are some professional plugins that are commercial, but the prices are 10-15 EUR. I've bot only two modules due to some special needs, but for common site with no extremely special requirements free ones are absolutely enough.

allen_12, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  15. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like subrion open source cms as it's the result of our 8 years experience in the software development area. I know how it works and wide possibilities don't limit me to some specific types of websites only.

Simon Gooffin, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  16. Mikespencer

Mikespencer Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress rules all the CMS because its user friendly, easily customized and one can create several types of WordPress using websites like ecommerce site, social networking website, forums and blog etc.

Mikespencer, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  17. DISCOUNTOFFER

DISCOUNTOFFER Peon

Best Answers:
    My vote goes to Wordpress............because it is SEO Optimized.

DISCOUNTOFFER, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  18. sem-profiteer

sem-profiteer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using subrion.com for years. I'm happy with the features in the publishing add on. There is a cost for each domain used; however I find this worth the cost. The support is wonderful and they help with updates to the database and feature request. The programming is PHP smarty and they continue to add features to stay up with current trends.

sem-profiteer, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  19. DaffodilSW

DaffodilSW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Drupal for its security and WordPress for easy usability.

DaffodilSW, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  20. Melanie Yu

Melanie Yu Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress. Very easy to use. Many available plugins to choose from.

Joomla - seems not very secured. ( using 1.5.x ). Some of our joomla sites was hacked.

Melanie Yu, Mar 18, 2013 IP