1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What you prefer ? Free or Paid Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Spartan14, Jul 11, 2019.

1. philipuser

philipuser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't have too much time to film my own video. I will consider this in the future. Now I am mainly contacting YouTubers directly.

philipuser, Sep 8, 2019 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you're looking for people to film videos for you to post on your channel? What subject/niche?

JoeSpirit, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  3. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Free traffic will always be king. I've played around with paid traffic in the past, and can only think of one offer that actually made me money. But even then, I was limited on how much traffic I could purchase so I was unable to scale my campaign.

gregdavidson, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  4. philipuser

philipuser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, I ask them to post videos on their own channels as they have more fans. Few people will find the video if it is posted on my own channel. Sometimes it is a dedicated video, and sometimes it is a short mention in the video.

philipuser, Sep 15, 2019 IP
  5. petter.pan

petter.pan Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that in the beginning paying for traffic is quite smart, this way you can build your audience, etc. Later on, you can rely more on the free traffic, which will help you understand whether your on the right track with your business.

petter.pan, Sep 16, 2019 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Finding success with paid traffic is always limited by how much you can reasonably purchase. If your available buying power is restricted then the best use for paid traffic is for testing your copy I believe.

And whether the traffic is "free" or paid your knowledge of the methods for putting that traffic to best use always determines how much success you have with it.

JoeSpirit, Sep 17, 2019 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've always considered "paid traffic" to be a scam. The content quality and relevance is usually nonexistent, getting "caught' doing it can get you pimp slapped clear off of search, the low quality traffic can alienate legitimate visitors, and for all intents and purposes it turns what should be an investment into a money pit.

It's one of the many dodges and hustles used by sleazy dirtbags to prey on ignorant site owners, or for sleazy dirtbag site owners to try and artificially inflate their numbers whilst not having any content of value. It's the type of hoodoo-voodoo bullshit that WILL lead you down the path to failure.

This is supported by the number of now defunct forums that got themselves killed off by going down said road.

deathshadow, Sep 17, 2019 IP
  8. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can get your own organic traffic to your site, this is the best way. As it has been for years, most people who look up anything will go ahead and click on the #1 or #2 spot in the search engine.

Having said that, if you know what you are doing, and have great analytics to make sure you are not suffering from click fraud, the paid version of traffic would be good until you can get the organic search going.

SEO is still king.

Blue Star Ent., Sep 17, 2019 IP
  9. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with this. To me it's a wise plan to consistently work to increase your organic traffic.

The key for paid traffic being "if you know what you are doing" because there are a lot of scammers in the traffic vending arena. It's really important to do your research before you select a vendor.

JoeSpirit, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  10. dm.dotzo.net

dm.dotzo.net Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both paid traffic and free traffic are acceptable ways . If you have some money to spend and need instant traffic then go for paid traffic

dm.dotzo.net, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  11. kristina_v

kristina_v Peon

Best Answers:
    Paid is way better!

kristina_v, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  12. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would do a combination of both. But if I had to choose one I would choose paid traffic. Its instant scalable and reliable. With free traffic it will cost you your time.

kb24, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  13. Andy Dao

Andy Dao Member

Best Answers:
    It's depends on your mindset actually. The same concept as make money now or make more later.
    Paid traffic works because it's fast and you can grow your list almost instant...via solo ads or PPC
    Free Traffic works better for long-term because it's more consistent and more satisfying. You can make much more money if you do only free traffic.
    At the end, do what you like and what works better for you. In my opinion, I like free traffic. However, I see some people out there do much better with Paid Traffic.
    Test, test and more test...

Good luck,
    Andrew

Andy Dao, Jan 28, 2020 IP
  14. tanikacampos

tanikacampos Banned

Best Answers:
    I'll prefer free traffic all the time.

tanikacampos, Feb 2, 2020 IP
  15. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It all depends. Free traffic is not really free because you need to spend your time to find that traffic. Paid traffic is a good option depending of your offer and what group of people you want to promote your offer.

azulita, Feb 15, 2020 IP
  16. kerlly Butler

kerlly Butler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to balance both

kerlly Butler, Feb 24, 2020 IP
  17. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paid and Free traffic both have their own importance. Free traffic is often appreciated but requires a lot of investment in terms of effort and techniques one has to leverage to get the very traffic, it is overwhelming and requires time to work as well. Paid traffic has the factor of monetary investment but does give you considerable results faster than the unpaid techniques and resources.

Sam Sabir, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  18. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love paid traffic because it's fast and you get to determine whether your campaign is worth pursuing in the long run. The trick with making paid traffic work is seeing if you can make a profit or break even... even with BAD marketing. If you can do that, then you know you're in a good spot.

So if you're doing BAD marketing using paid advertising and you're still profiting.... when you introduce free marketing into the mix, it will only decrease your costs of advertising, drive down your cost per sale, and help you to profit more. I love the combination of BOTH paid advertising and free marketing.

Randall Magwood, Feb 25, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  19. natural777

natural777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer to get free traffic! I take competitors and analyze their links. You can find simply huge treasures of interesting materials!

natural777, Feb 26, 2020 IP
  20. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Which tool are you using to analyze your competitors backlinks?

LadyStarc, Feb 28, 2020 IP