1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What you look for in health insurance?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Guntzenbach Conrad, Jan 21, 2017.

I'm the marketing director of a health insurance business in Singapore. Let me start of by saying I am strictly NOT trying to advertise my website.

Anyway, here goes, I have a website with WIX for the past year and a half. Right now, I'm getting really fed-up with wix out of the following reason:

-I can't change the site to HTTPS which is getting important for SEO
    -Most of their apps are optimized only for desktop users (when 80% of surfers are mobile, lol)
    -Can't install google conversion

AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN INSTALL CRAZYEGG TO SEE HOW TO IMPROVE MY CONVERSION.

Sorry, I had to tell you this although its off-topic because I AM getting really super super frustrated. So stay away from them if you want an online oriented business.

Anyway here goes; because I cannot install crazyegg to try to improve my conversion, can you imagine you are looking for health insurance and look at my website and tell me what can make you at least enquire:

Here: medical-intl.com

Regards

Guntzenbach Conrad, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Wix? Really?
    You can't afford a proper site?
    It looks ok but the text is clumsy and hasn't been proofread by anyone competent in English. For many sites that's not a huge problem but in your line of work attention to detail and clear communication are important.
    Why do you link to Pinterest and YouTube? Are you focussed on link building and the old ideas of 2.0 sites? I'd be careful there.

sarahk, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I went to your site and all I get is a BLANK white page with NO CONTENT.

So, I viewed the source file, and there is NO CONTENT IN THE SOURCE FILE, so naturally there would be no content visible on the webpage.

Next I looked for errors and found this (https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://www.medical-intl.com/).

Seems to me that you need to dump Wix and get a real website.

mmerlinn, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  4. Guntzenbach Conrad

Guntzenbach Conrad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To mmerlin,

I dont know how this is happening. Did you type the correct address? Maybe go to incognito screen and take a look and let me know whether its working. I'm spending alot of money on adwords, so I can't afford this sort of things.

To Sarahk,

1. To begin with, its more expensive to get a Wix website rather than one from a host capable of producing "proper" designs. Basically I design websites myself using various applications, including wordpress. Unless you are talking about engaging web designers.
    2. The English is bad in what sense? Grammer or spelling?. But my target is SEA, so I dont think english really matters.
    3. "line of work attention to detail and clear communication are important". Would appreciate if you could elaborate on this with regards to just FRONT PAGE, so I can get things fixed. Other than that, I try to keep main page as concised as possible to convert better, since that's my landing page.

Regards

Guntzenbach Conrad, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Bad English on the home page:
    • upload_2017-1-23_7-23-50.png
    • upload_2017-1-23_7-24-14.png
    • upload_2017-1-23_7-25-7.png

and then there's good page structure - why do you not use lists for things that are in a list? If you do just use hyphens there should be a space character between the hyphen and the list item

upload_2017-1-23_7-26-14.png

But you should be looking at your blog posts and inner content too. Stuff like this will lose you business:

upload_2017-1-23_7-29-8.png

sarahk, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  6. Guntzenbach Conrad

Guntzenbach Conrad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since I launched that blog page page 4 month ago, there's not even been one visitor, hehehe. Any, the rest been rectified. Thanks for your input.

Guntzenbach Conrad, Jan 22, 2017 IP