1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Discreet, Dec 15, 2005.

1. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's because you're obviously low on the intelligence scale ;) . I place value on every INNOCENT person's life. I place value on not being equally evil to evil. I place value on the right to defend myself from anyone who tries to harm me. What's wrong with that?

I'll agree the average American works much harder than most countries citizens, and it's not a good thing. Americans have the least amount of free time and vacation, they waste they're lives away working for other people until they're 80 just to retire and barely get by on social security.

That's funny, we don't like big government but you seem to love George Bush and the Republicans who are stepping all over the individual freedoms and the constitution.

yo-yo, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  2. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yo-yo that’s funny coming from someone that I always imagine has a hard time even logging into DP let alone making coherent posts. Every one of your posts reads the same –like you copied and pasted them from some propaganda manuscript.

“I hate America”
    “Save innocent people (that really aren’t)”
    “White America hates the black man and holds him down”

Keep it up. The older kids will like you eventually and mommy and daddy will give you great big hugs.

Hodgedup, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  3. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    will spencer wrote:
    As the constitution as well they lived and camefrom different times:rolleyes:
    And i don't care if the whole world or people in history would disagree with me when i think i am right then i think i am right.

And my argument as made below is not so crazy as you pretend it to be

tesla wrote:
    *cough* you mean he managed to do a google search on firearm quotes.

Well read would be an exxaguration if you think this copy and paste work comes from being well read :D LOL

Edz, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  4. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here you go again, being a completely ignorant jackass, but it's not surprising since you're from Texas ;)

I never said I hated America, I just have a dislike for corrupt, murderous, unjust, blood hungry governments and a lot of stupid people. The U.S. has both. Being from the most murderous and one of the most racist states in the U.S. it's not a surprise at all to see why you can't comprehend these things.

You seem to think I'm uneducated, especially since I finished school with excellent grades a year early, and especially since at the age of 21 I work for myself a few hours a day making more than the average full time american.

I'd like to know hodgy, just what skills exactly do you hold on the internet? Programming, databases, design??

That is incorrect.

1. Not everyone thinks they should own a gun.
    2. More guns doesn't mean more violence.

Until you can show any statistics to back your claims up there's no need to even debate them.

yo-yo, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  5. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you're being a little ignorant with your stereotyping.

I never said you were uneducated just stupid. Thanks for proving that.

So you just bash America and say phrases like your embarrassed to be an American, but still love it. Ok.

Oh no you’re calling my internet skills out. Next are you going to challenge me to an internet fight, too?

It just shows how immature you are when you throw out a phrase like “excellent grades”. Let me give you a little pointer kid. Adults don’t care about good grades or bad grades unless you’re in a job interview. It shows just had badly you want to impress me and gain my approval though.

OK yo-yo I’m looking at you. Do your little trick or tell me whatever little story you want to tell me you poor attention neglected child.

6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    The more you post yo-yo, the more:

A) I want to give you a nice kidney shot
    B) I believe you are actually a racist/bigot
    C) It's apparent that you actually do hate America
    D) I want to sweep your legs and drop some elbows on your face

:p

Crazy_Rob, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  7. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    yo-yo wrote:
    #1. You're right, my bad choice of grammer, look at my post and you see i was also talking about the majority of U.S. citizens that's what i meant to say. Of course i don't think the whole of the U.S. thinks this way, that's impossible.

#2. Actually it does and i don't have to show any statistics because it's evidently the truth.

And i won't even debate with you because you are contradicting yourself by saying this to me, hence post made by you

yo-yo wrote:
    And the reason why you want to have a gun is because of the constitution a whole lot of people are carrying guns which would result in more gun violence compared to any other developed country (such as the Netherlands).

Edz, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  8. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Rob, you made yo-yo run off to go get his 8th grade football award to win your approval.

9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I love this thread because friends become enemies, enemies become friends and dumbasses are being exposed for being just that. It can't get any better :D

Blogmaster, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  10. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just because I disagree with and dislike many aspects of U.S. law and lifestyles doesn't mean I hate the U.S. it just means I think many things could be better.

1. I don't care what others think, I speak my mind.

2. Stereotyping Texas doesn't make me a racist, Texas is a state, not a race. So unless you weren't referring to my childish comments about Texas, what racist comment did I ever make? You do know what racism is right Rob? :rolleyes:

3. Disagreeing with certain aspects of a country doesn't mean I hate it. If I hated it I would leave. I like a lot of things about the U.S. , but similar to the news, I only speak out against and try to change the things I dislike.

Your logic is flawed. I don't want to have a gun because of the constitution, I do have a gun because I want to be able to defend myself from any of America's many robbers and murderers.

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

yo-yo, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Check again Edz. Write to . See who responds. :)

And humans haven't changed. We're still the same greedy, violent, power-obsessed little creatures we have always been.

Well, it is refreshing to see you openly admit to being close minded. That will save a lot of time I would otherwise use trying to help you understand where you are incorrect. As you are close minded, I can just proceed to beating on you for amusement. :D

Actually, it is de facto crazy, because your argument includes the awful phrase "the whole reason why a mojority of U.S. like Will". Can you see where you have gone wrong there? No? I'll help you out.

1. You have the temerity to attempt to assign cause to an argument which you clearly do not understand.
    2. Unsurprisingly, you get it completely wrong.

Worse that that even, you assign a cause to my argument which completely contradicts the cause I plainly stated just a few posts ago. This shows that, perhaps due to your avowed close-mindedness, you are not even reading other peoples posts. You are simply responding to the incorrect perceptions of your own closed mind!

Will.Spencer, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  12. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    yo-yo wrote:
    Because of the constitution yo-yo a lot of people own a gun simply the constitution allowes them to, therefor the threat of being confronted by someone with a gun is far more greater then in countries where guns can't be bought in wallmarket stores or being sold under the pretence of meaningless permits that are passed out in less then a few hours or days.

Yeah yeah people kill people, and where did those guns come from?

Will spencer wrote:
    That's nice Will but it's still copy and pasting and it doesn't apply to the U.S. in it's state of today because mine impression of the U.S. is that it isn't going to topple any day now:) U.S. is strong and will stay strong forever in my oppinion.

That i am according to you closed minded is your conclusion and not absolute truth and helping me understand why i am incorrect :D you funny guy;)
    Non pro gun citizens of the U.S. wouldn't think i am close minded and to judge my whole being on solely this topic alone...

Now that's being close minded

Like i said before i can understand how it could go to the point where America is of today regarding gun possesion but the only reason it could go on for so long is because of the money that is being made with gun sales.

And you know the situation in holland? if The netherlands also where in the same kind of times as The States where when founded then most likely we would have been in the same situation.

And that is that the road is being chosen and there is no point of return anymore because of the fear of so many guns out there in the States.
    That's why you probably walk around with a gun because i don't think you are the kind of person that walks around with a gun to be cool or something.

But if you would live in the Netherlands like me then you wouldn't have that strong feeling of the must to own a gun on the streets in comparisement with the States.
    Like i said it's something that has been developed over time, only the situation is just redicalous and quite alot of people are the victim of this.

Having a strong oppinion on something doesn't mean i am close minded my friend:)
    I think you should read my posts in all it's context my friend.

It's like the same with hrbl when i was discussing with him the topic on heroine legalization, he also didn't try to understand or completely missing the things i was stating. He was till the end convinced i was totally against the legalization of heroine and this was not the case.

The only thing that i disagreed upon was that it should not be released for money but absolutely free.

It's your oppion and right evidently in the States to hold a gun in public i only think it's redicalous it has to go on for so long regarding the constitution allowing this you and others to do for so long now.

Edz, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Realy now? That's funny, because you're the one whom had a problem with realities and tried to make up nice little fairy tales to fit your agenda....:D

You honestly think that people buy guns simply for the reason that the constitution 'allows' them to? I honoestly don't get what you're saying here. Or is it in other words, if it was illegal to buy guns alot of people would not buy guns, but because they have the right as they should they buy them? Wow these past few pages I've realy been lost on what your point is...?!?!

I also like how you never responded to your reasoning of the Constitution being out of date when I responded :D I thought that was funny, case of you had no point so move on? Got you at the economics point, so again move on? :D

So is your last leg to stand on because banning guns 'might' reduce the murder rate? Even if it was a fantasy land and banning guns could bring the murder rate in the US down to .00001% I still would not support it. That is a cowards way out, the freedoms afforded to us do not come cheap and sacrafices will need to be made. IMO this is a sacrafice of keeping this nation GREAT!

GRIM, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  14. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    hrbl wrote:
    What are you talking about hrbl, what problem did i have with realities?

That's ok hrbl, I was very clear in what i tried to say and said.

That's your conclusion that you got me on the economics point, something that you brought up by the way by stating those economic related arguments. If it was for gun ownership orwhat ever, you brought it up by BTW by making the assumption that it is about economics.

You chose this path and i mearly responded to this.
    Or it wasn't worth replying to in my oppinion:cool: just reversing the same mentality as you have in your discussions.

:D ridicalous.

Edz, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    EDZ are you serious? YOU brought up economics, I brought up logical results of banning something = crime. You chose the economics path, of which you had no leg to stand on, in other words you argument or lack there of was destroyed....

Just like in the Heroin debate, you didn't allow facts to come into the equation, you instead tried to burry those facts under the rug and twist it to something that fit your agenda.

How very sad......

Not in any persons mind who loves the US for which it was founded on!
    Right now I'm taking it as you have a problem with what the US was founded on?

GRIM, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  16. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Crime as you stated in the form of more illegal weapons being imported to the U.S. which means financial losses for the legal gun sellers of today and financial losses for the U.S.
    People building their own guns and selling them illegaly and therefor again financial losses for the U.S.

To you it means more illegal activities that i agree with you as well, but the same it means that it is for the U.S. goverment a financial loss therefor economics.

Therefor i maybe brought up the term economics but your arguments consists of more illegal activities being undertaken but there is as well a big financial aspect connected to it. I can understand if you at this point still don't want to understand why i have thrown in the terms economics but you gave me this assumption that your arguments where based on financial losses for the U.S. but as you stated this is not true and it only means more crime.

That's ok, that's your view but i see both sides of the situation why the right to bare arms is still being enforced.

It's not that difficult to understand that difficult access to guns would mean less gun related murders and accidents amongst ordinary citizens.
    I would bet my life savings for it if you would legalize guns in The Netherlands and not resulting in a overall more gun related murder rate combined with more accidents.

And if it was going to be legalized in The Netherlands and going on for so long as in the states i would feel the same as Will to wanting to own a gun because of the fact the risk of being confronted with a gun is far more greater.

Sacrifices in the form of people getting killed because of the easy access to guns and other sort of firearms?
    That is not what your country makes it so great my friend.

I think my country is great to, we have all the freedom in the world just as the U.S. and even more come to think of it regarding certain issues, you know which:) but i dont think legalizing guns would at this point make my country even greater just as i think it wouldn't make your country greater as well as it is of today.

Therefor my statement ''redicalous'' ...not refering to the times The States was being founded.

Edz, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Well, Edz, God forbid anything ever happened to you or someone in your fam. I think you'd look at things very differently. Have you ever witnessed a murder? Have you ever been in a situation where fighting was your only way out? Sorry, but everything you say sounds so beautiful and so peaceloving, but also like you're stuck living in la la land. Maybe you need to experience "something" to help you off of your high horse. Maybe you should take a trip to the US, since there is nothing bad ever happening to people in Holland, right? :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Actually Edz, it was your conclusion.

Let me quote yourself for you:
    But be happy in your conclusion. It just means that that are a bigger target than I am. :D

Will.Spencer, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    LOL I didn't even see this until now
    Sounds like something Saddam or Hitler would say/have said :eek:

Blogmaster, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  20. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    :D Why because i have my own oppinion :rolleyes:

I am saying i think i am right and i was not saying i think i am right and you are wrong, it's just my oppinion that i am right but this is not absolute truth as neither is your view.

Or don't you see the difference in that?

Same goes for you will

Oh yeah, lala land? sure buddy:rolleyes:

Edz, Dec 18, 2005 IP