1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Discreet, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    To much regulation on guns is good.

Edz, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Well I think it's pretty obvious that people can't be trusted w/ firearms. So I wouldn't mind seeing more regulation either.

Crazy_Rob, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It could be and might be good, not debating that...
    However I do not believe in it as that it not my interpretation of the US constitution, rights given to the people of this great land.....

----BTW I don't own a single gun ;)

GRIM, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    The Constitution? Oh you mean that out-dated document that is burning to the ground as we speak?

Crazy_Rob, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yep the one in the same :D

GRIM, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  6. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Peon

Best Answers:
    If they took away everyone's firearms then Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same. What would everyone do instead of shooting Skeet?

Hodgedup, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Yeah, when I lived in Eindhoven we had a multiple murder right outside my apartment. Some folks decided to fill a car, and all of it's occupants, with lead.

It sure is a good thing that those guns were illegal. Now the Dutch police can arrest those murderers for a real crime!

Keeping guns away from law-abiding citizens really helped the people in that car.

It did wonders for Pim Fortuyn and Theo van Gogh too.

Will.Spencer, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    We could always apply for welfare. Is the food stamp office open on Thanksgiving?

Or, we could call the police and ask them to cut the turkey for us. After all, we can't be trusted with knives because we're not with the government. :rolleyes:

9. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Will Spencer wrote:
    Your statement holds no logic my friend:rolleyes:

Edz, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  10. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Will. You've left me speechless...

blackbug, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What he was saying is that some of the law-abiding citizens who would have been able to carry guns for protection otherwise, are not allowed to have any, and are therefor helpless in some situations where the bad guys who don't need a permit or care where they get the gun can pretty much have their way with them and no one around will be able to stop them until the police finally finds the time to get to the scene of the crime.

That's how I read it, so please tell me where there is no logic.

Blogmaster, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  12. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    I read the same and i understand it exactly as you stated only we just don't live in the wild wild west anymore, to bring more guns in modern society as we know of today will logicly result in more gun violence.

And Pim Fortuin and Theo van Gogh wouldn't have stand a chance even if they have had guns packing, they where both ambushed so having a gun would have been futile.

Will is bringing examples forward that he doesn't know entirely of how these murders exactly occured plus the whole thing ''to bare arms right'' is just BS and the cause of alot of unneccasary killings.

Edz, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know why we were given that right in the US? :rolleyes:

Even if you would ban guns, the manufacturers were all put out of business criminals would still get them and possess them putting any citizen owning a gun guilty of a crime even if they did not do anything but own a gun.

Not only are there millions of guns already out there, just like drugs they would be imported into the country illegally 'they already are' but the numbers would go up because the customer base just went up. There are also of course those in the US who know how to make their own guns, some of which would start an illegal business of making banned guns to sell for a mighty high profit. Why on earth would you want to make only the criminals to be the ones with the guns.

I feel for people who have lost a loved one from gun violence, but I urge you also to please look at it logically and not just with your heart..

GRIM, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  14. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    No why? and why should it have any influence of today?

Guns being illegal in The netherlands doesn't mean the average citizen could not obtain a gun whatso ever it would only be harder to get your hands on which is good because giving easy access to guns would only result in a bigger chance people of all standards not only criminals resorting to gun violence and gun-related murders or accidents. Normal law-abiding citizens that hold no relation to having a gun either for sports or profession should not be given the oppurtunity to own a gun without any restrictions accept for that meaningless permit.

I don't judge this with my heart but with logical reasoning it's simple mathematics if you give everybody the right to bare arms in public more violence will occur.
    Your country is the proof of it unfortunately.

Illegal weapons wil always be available but just don't let any citizen over 21 and without a criminal record get a gun or rifle or machinegun:eek:because he/she feels like it, that's my oppinion and no matter what your input will be such as economic reasoning will not be a reason for me to think otherwise.

Because the hell with economic losses that are tied in to ''legal'' arms that's the whole reason it's still exist today...the ability to buy arms for any regular citizen without a criminal record.

It's again about the money and not as hypocritacly stated by people in your goverment that it is the basic fundemantal right that America is build on:rolleyes: that was another century:rolleyes:

Edz, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I'm not a Christian, but I think that myself, hrblcantra, and yo-yo agreeing on a topic is one of the signs of the apocalypse. :D

16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A constitutional right that at least some of the US population who loves what the country was founded on. In it's most basic terminology, to give the people the power to fight a corrupt government if the government ever fails the people. Still totally relavant IMO.

Economics did I ever bring up economics? I could give a shiX about economics when it comes to guns.

As it is now a legal basis for gun ownership it makes it a bit harder for criminals who can not get guns to get them, just like drugs ban them and suddenly their is a huge surge of illegal product just waiting to be purchased...

GRIM, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL :D :D

I agree with you on more topics than just this one ;)

GRIM, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  18. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    But it does make sense.

Our semi-senile Prime Minister, in the midst of an election and responding to the latest double homicide involving two Chinese youths gunned down in an Ottawa restaurant, promised to outlaw handguns. When reminded that handguns were already illegal in Canada except for a limited number of people, said something to the efefect of "well we'll make it even tougher for people to get permits", totally and completely missing the point that criminals don't usually worry about making sure they have permits for their murder weapons.

minstrel, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  19. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    There you go hrbl...economics

Sure:rolleyes:

Edz, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  20. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel wrote:
    That's true Minstrel and that's the point, criminals with bad intentions will always have the ability to get guns but this isn't a reason to let the whole world or a single country packing with whatever kind of firearm.

This will only result in more chances of violence or accidents as occurs today in the U.S.
    And having the population given the right to bare arm because of the possibility a goverment being corrupt in some point of time is just plain useless because military as we know of today in the U.S. would stampede over these law-abiding citizens.

I can understand hrbl point of view regarding the time the constitution was ammended but in these times it's not very helpfull or relevant. Hopefully U.S. stays stable as it is but if things would change for the worse then the U.S. civilians wouldn't stand a chance.

Edz, Dec 16, 2005 IP