1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Discreet, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe we'll all get together and decide the USA needs a "Regime Change". :D
    SEMrush
    To be honest, nobody really knows how it will play out but one thing is for certain. The USA is losing favour with the rest of the world and there are way more of us than there are of you.

Crazy_Zap, Dec 21, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out for you two. :rolleyes:

Will.Spencer, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  3. stuw

stuw Peon

Best Answers:
    we will begin at a 'time of our choosing' ;)

I'm not going to post on this thread anymore, it's so removed from the original topic

stuw, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  4. Crazy_Zap

Best Answers:
    I've seen some of your posts here at DP. I know that you have more than a few brain cells to rub together. Do you really believe that America's foreign policy problems go no further than 2 guys on a website forum???

5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Pop quiz:

Who has a bigger blue water navy?

1. The U.S.
    2. Everyone else combined.

Will.Spencer, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    has he more than a few brain cells? Are you sure? I always thought the most he can have is 1 cell. ;)

little willy is just a scared little boy who likes to talk tough about war and military but he will pee his pants at the sound of fire cracker. ;)

gworld, Dec 21, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  7. Crazy_Zap

Best Answers:

Here's a few more for you...

Who has more people?
    1. The U.S.

Who has more money?
    1. The U.S.

Who has more power to impose their will?
    1. The U.S.

What is the most hated country on the planet?
    1. The U.S.

Do you see where this is going? I understand your patriotism and I commend you for sticking to it, even when you know you're wrong. But, surely, you MUST see the writing on the wall. If you go around the playground, pushing all the other kids, pretty soon, nobody wants to be your friend. You can continue to tell others about how powerful you are or you can start playing nice and try getting along with everyone else.

8. MadMax

MadMax Peon

Best Answers:
    911 and a few pots of hot coffee as backup...

MadMax, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  9. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    Just a quick update to those of you interested. I talked with the police today to see what was going on with the case. They said that two of the guys are in jail already (apparently they were on parole lol).

The third guy is set to stand charges in court in 6 months. Until then he's being detained.

But what's really interesting about the third guy is that he's not only standing charges for what was laid by me and the starbucks staff. Apparently when they ran his prints it popped up 3 related cases invovling armed robbery of two convenience stores and an attempted bank robbery that he managed to escape when the police arrived.

I think this their loser is going away for a very long time lol.

Discreet, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  10. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never said it did. I don't agree with the Iraq war. I'm just denying what stuw said about other countries being able to "police" themselves...

Probably nothing. Africa is poor and we can't profit from helping them, and China is to much of a power to do anything to. Again, I wasn't saying America was right, I only said you were wrong about the rest of the world being able to police itself.

yo-yo, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  11. Crazy_Zap

Best Answers:
    The rest of the world DOES do a pretty good job of policing itself. No system is perfect and there are problems everywhere. Politicians are (by definition, it seems) corrupt, everywhere, period. Where there's corruption, there's need for policing. So, I'm not even going to pretend for one minute that the world is even close to perfect. But I do think it does a pretty good job of policing itself. And, let's not confuse what is going on in Iraq with policing. The police get their mandate from the public they serve and use laws to do it. The USA got their mandate to invade Iraq from GWB himself. Even the UN said "Give it more time", but GWB would have none of that. Nobody is going to tell "Rootin' Tootin' GWB" what to do with his bullets. Nobody. So, GWB went against the law (The UN would be the closest thing to the law) and invaded Iraq without the UN's approval. That was not the move of a police officer. It was more in line with the thugs this thread was created about in the first place. On that basis alone, it says a lot about your country that GWB was given a second term in office. Apparently, the majority of you approve of this type of behaviour. It's no wonder you guys are killing each other by the hundreds to thousands each day. Mr. Spencer, it really doesn't matter how big your "Blue Water Navy" is. If the rest of us wait long enough, there aren't going to be enough of you left to use it. Maybe in 100 years, Mexico could just walk in and take what's left of your country from you. There won't be enough of you left to put up much of a fight. :D

Crazy_Zap, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  12. stuw

stuw Peon

Best Answers:
    With that attitude you are nothing more than school yard bullies - what happened to the rights of people to govern themselves, or does that only apply if your an american citizen? It's exactly your attitude that turns people off to the US.

I really am appalled that someone would think the way that you do. It just shows that a policy of dumbing down the masses so the illinformed and illeducated (don't they teach you to think for yourlseves over there?) get 'on message' and continue to vote in governments with neo-conservative attitudes.

I will agree with you on one point though - that the US would do nothing about africa because there is no money in it for you. Well that's just dandy if your only going to bully those have something you want - the worst form of bullying - extorsion. 'Policing' those that have something that you want.

If you don't believe that that kind of thuggery won't loose you friends then I would think on. Look at history - the most powerful 'empires' or 'countries' don't always last forever

stuw, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  13. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you stupid or do you just not know how to read? I never said America should police the world, I just stated in that very quote that we shouldn't even be in Iraq.

Then I showed two perfect examples that the world isn't capable of properly policing itself. I offered no solution, and never said America should.

I'm guessing you really don't know how to read and are just plain stupid. If you'd read even 5% of my posts on this forum you'd know I despise the average U.S. citizen for his lazyness and lack of brain power, and that I despise the U.S. Government just as much.

yo-yo, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  14. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    You know what. I've decided. In this scenario (the one the thread's about) I think the first thing I'd know about it would be when it's over and I'm still sat there going "WTF just happened?!?"

Then I'd spend the next day running a whole load of scenarios through my head involving witty comments, heroic actions, life threatening wounds to myself, leg sweeps, elbow drops, hose pipes and other assorted props.

Unless someone is in direct danger or it all kicks off, of course.

blackbug, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  15. stuw

stuw Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously I can read.

I read your response and jumped to the conclusion that you were suporting the US policing the world.

I apologise.

stuw, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  16. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Accepted. Sorry for calling you stupid, but I was a little irritated that you accused me of supporting it, I also apologise. :) I don't support the US policing the world one bit. If a country is actually out of hand and the rest of the world refused to do something, then there's a possibility I would support us attacking them but Iraq wasn't one of those cases.

yo-yo, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  17. Crazy_Zap

Best Answers:
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Truthfully, it's probably what most people would do in that situation. When things are "going down", the adrenaline makes it difficult to think clearly. I do think, however, that most of us would react this way most of the time, but not ALL of the time. If you think back to all of the "fight or flight" situations you have been involved in, you would probably be able to pick out one or two where you DID act in the moment and chose the correct action. It's uncanny, but sometimes you just know what needs to be done and do it without thinking about it until after the event.

Crazy_Zap, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  18. RWD

RWD Peon

Best Answers:
    throw a chair or two at them, if they are drunk they would fall over, if not................ RUN LIKE HELL

RWD, Dec 22, 2005 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Al Qaeda is recruiting.

Join the fight against U.S. imperialism! :)

Will.Spencer, Dec 25, 2005 IP
  20. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is in reference to the OP, not some of the other stuff that this thread has been reduced to.

I don't know how I would react in your location. Not sure I would know what to do in my location either, but since I have a CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit), it might be something like:

Pull the weapon (a semi-auto 9mm with a 14 round clip and one in the pipe) and loudly proclaim, "I am a Vietnam vet and it has been a very long time since I was allowed to kill someone legally -- and I miss it a lot. You should start running very fast now."

Of course, I wouldn't do that if either of the 2 knife wielders were holding or very close to someone. I'd prob'ly just try to dial 911 on my cell phone and stay quiet. Around here, they show up if you dial and don't say anything.

Grump
    PS: by the way, I don't really miss it, but I know I could do it if I had to.

Grump, Dec 26, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.