1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fracisc, Feb 13, 2015.

I had an affiliate online store with very good ranking in Google. Unfortunately I had to close my site for a few months because of some hosting problems. Now it is online again but lost its ranking. I don't know if it is just a matter of time until it will get it back or it is lost for good. Should I create a brand now domain or keep this one? Which one would rank better faster?

Fracisc, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  2. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would stick with the same domain. It might be hard to bring back all the rankings, but at least it's aged enough . Something new is harder to rank

King Manu, Feb 13, 2015 IP
    Fracisc likes this.
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It should come back, I had a site ranked 1 in google for some hot keywords, I had hosting issues as well and went back online after almost a year. One month after being on it went back to 1 on google and stayed there for a few more years..

superrichguy, Feb 13, 2015 IP
    Fracisc likes this.
  4. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keeping the old domain is favorable unless you are sure enough about it got penalized ( not seems in your case). Just keep posting fresh contents to give it a kick start again.

webdev007, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  5. pactive

pactive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely keep the old domain. I've been in a similar situation. Here is what I did. (My site had also previously been penalized, but I brought it back after I had been offline for one year).

Day 0: I uploaded my old site as it was originally, but with a new design(CSS), updated all the pages with better and newer content, and built links to my "main" pages. -The site was indexed very quickly and I was ranking on pages 10-30 for my keywords. The page structure was the same as the original.

Day 14: I checked to see what pages became indexed and searchable for their keywords. I built more links to pages that were not indexed or searchable.

Day 21: I renamed each file page that was not indexed or searchable. So instead of keyword.html, I changed it to keyword2.html I then did SEO for the new Keyword2.html pages. -I did not redirect the old pages, they all went to a 404 page.

Day 30: All of pages were indexed and searchable through Google. -After this I used the disavow tool and cleaned up the link profile.

Day 60: I achieved all my previous rankings and now let it sit at the top.

Hopefully my experience can help you, it takes time, but the rankings can come back.

pactive, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  6. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please confirm if the website has been penalized or not?
    If yes, you must have got a message in Webmasters and I'd recommend you to Disavow the bad/spam links and your website should bounce back in no time.

Kushal Shah, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  7. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    Dedicated Hosting always matters in a good Search engine ranking, so try to host your website from Hostgator.

You need to do hard work but in quality not quantity to get ranked your website again.

deepakrajput, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  8. amit2seo

amit2seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to suggest few things below

1. Check if your site is penalized. If penalized, take necessary action on it.
    2. Check if your site is having bad quality backlinks (because, many sites are loosing their quality).
    3. Continue SEO work (keeping white hat technicians in mind).

Hope you gill regain your ranks.

amit2seo, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  9. VAKTA MONDAL

VAKTA MONDAL Banned

Best Answers:
    Do this you think best. But I think you should continue your current domain.

VAKTA MONDAL, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  10. Kratika

Kratika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    • If your existing domain start again which was ranked previously then You not need to think about new domain.
    • If you lost your rank then it's possible to get rank again only need to work on it. Like daily activities and work you did before. Again it come into the mind of search engine that it is contributing and have some value for users then definitely it will rank again.
    • Also one more thing you have to do that is your all website issues regarding perfect SEO. contact a SEO which have deep experience of onsite and off site techniques.
    According to me buy a new domain will be time consuming process and also can't say about it's success. because a domain name some time badly effect the online reputation.
    Please Let me know if have any query for my suggestion.

Kratika, Mar 4, 2015 IP