1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Would It Require To Hook Up a 24" Monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by activebiz, Sep 12, 2008.

Well I have set up a network now and I finally am making some decent money again in the range of $50 - $100 a day without much work. So I decided what I am going to use this money for and one of the things is a brand new monitor ether 22" or 24".

Now I want to know what I am going to need to hook it up to a 2006-2007 HP Pavilion a1630n thats bone stock. The monitor comes with a VGA wire, power wire, and monitor. Will this hook directly into the rear of my computer where the stock monitor is?

activebiz, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  2. mshore

mshore Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the monitor should connect directly to either the VGA port or DVI port. On the back of your computer, where your moitor is hooked up is either a blue port (VGA) or a white port (DVI). Simply plug the monitor right in there and you should be good to go. There is a catch however. Most newer video cards and integrated graphics should be able to display at the monitors full resolution, but older cards might not be able to crank out the graphics at the full resolution, and you probably can't play games at full resolution either. For that you'll need a more powerful graphics card.

mshore, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. activebiz

activebiz Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks MShore. I do not play many games though so I don't think it will be a problem. All I do really is use Photoshop, Notepad, WordPress, and surf the web. The only game I really play on the computer is Counter-Strike 1.6

activebiz, Sep 12, 2008 IP