1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would i need to make a Forum.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Grimace, Sep 28, 2013.

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what i would need to make a Forum(What coding language, Programs, Methods, etc) and how would i make the Forum.

Thanks,
    ~Grimace

Solved! View solution.
    Grimace, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could use a free service like http://www.freeforums.org/ that will host your forum on their host, use a free or a premium script like vBulletin, PHPbb, SMF, or any other forum scripts (there are lots, just try a Google search). To use a script you will need a domain name with a hosting package and some basic knowledge about how to install a script (commonly is extremly easy to follow installation steps provided by the respective script).

Hefaistos, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  3. Grimace

Grimace Peon

Best Answers:
    I know how to do all of that, i have done that heaps of times, i want to know what languages would be used to make my own one and what the methods would be.

Grimace, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  4. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You'll need to know some HTML, PHP, CSS ( and maybe some JavaScript ) . You also need to know how to work with MySQL database, how to store data in tables and how to get it out.

Hefaistos, Sep 28, 2013 IP
    You can build a forum in any language capable of running on a web server - PHP, C#, Java, Ruby, and many more. By far the most popular language for web forums is currently PHP, there are also a few boards also written in .Net.

MakZF, Sep 29, 2013 IP