1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would happen if COOP went down?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Svato, Mar 25, 2005.

1. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    "Your nuts man, do you think putting Google ADLINKS on your page will do the same thing"

Was that is response to me?

Google adsense does not give you backlinks and better position in google, plus google adsense is targeted with an algo. As far as I can see there is no also inplay here at all to make an intelligent guess where the ads are shown.

"well now, that sounds like a good, polite, educated response."

Is that meant to be part of this thread? If so worthless waste of bandwidth.

Back to the point. This is a good short term solution for a nowhere site or for a crappy site that you do not mind losing, but come judgement day, if your business has come to depend on a network like this you will be crying.

I am somewhat of a vetran in these things and have seen schemes come and go. Have a back up plan

thehonz, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Whats the old fashioned way?

ferret77, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  3. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    "Travel Link Exchange" the site in your profile is one way if you had not guessed;) How about buying links, writing articles, giving something away free so people link to you, triangular link exchanges, sending spam mail requests, make directories etc etc.

The thing about these you chose who links to you and of course it is to game google but the difference it takes work and SE's are less likely to penalise you. You also stay under the radar which is increasingly difficult to joining the co-op

thehonz, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Like I said, your nuts :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks AC.....i was trying to find a way to say that, but you summed it up pretty well lol.

wendydettmer, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    We are not trying to be mean to a new member, but you do not come into an important forum for webmasters and on your first post bad mouth the program that many are using on their sites and say it is only for crappy sites.

You should keep your mouth shut and your ears open for a while kid :cool:

7. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I was wondering what schemes have you seen come and go? I have been optimizing for only about 3 years, I know its not that long, but its long enough to see some patterns. In that short time I have not seen a whole lot of changes in optimization. I still do the same stuff I did 3 years ago and it still works. I know logically nothing works forever, but so far I havn't seen a lot of drastic chages

For awhile you could alt tag spam ink to death, and you still can but it doesn't seem to work as good as it used, also for awhile I used to see these sites that used something callled "html doorway blaster". You should see those pages

I remember when google pr zeroed all the zues directories, but other then that I don't know of huge amount of special penalties. There was the pr adnetwork (before my time) There has been some examples of SEO sites getting the boot for various reasons. The traffic power stuff was because I lots of css tricks, at least I think. Correct me if I am wrong. Do you know any other big up heavals, changes, wide spread penalties?

ferret77, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    ferret77 you would be better off working with some of the old time members here, don't waste your time with this kid, I would bet he is not over 16 :eek:

9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:

<a href="http://www.mywebsite.com" linktype="[b]workedHardtoGetThisLink[/b]">Look ma, I gots me a website!</a>
    <a href="http://www.mywebsite.com" linktype="[b]workedSmartertoGetThisLink[/b]">Look ma, I gots me a website!</a>

Code (markup):
    A link is a link. But I can see why someone would sign up on the forum and start off with a "this isn't a good solution" post.

Too many hall monitor types preaching their own visions of how everything *should* work. In fact, there is no real way to determine whether a link was derived by emailing a webmaster and pleading for a link, or a link is from the coop (or elsewhere).

GTech, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  10. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    ok now THAT was quite funny :)

wendydettmer, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clearing up some of the crazy mania around here GTech :eek:

12. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually boy, I have been doing this for 7 years and am in my 30's. As for the last big scheme like this anyone remember Search King?

A link is a link but you wait and see boy.

wendydettmer do you actually add anything to this forum?

"ok now THAT was quite funny"
    "Thanks AC.....i was trying to find a way to say that, but you summed it up pretty well lol."

You are obviously clueless and can only add one liners and nothing of substance.

Ok, to cool down a bit and ask a rational question. Do you think the co-op will be here in one years time?

thehonz, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  13. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I can understand your sensitivity about being so young. I remember when I was in my thirties. I thought I was on top of the world too. Then those pesky ear hairs start cropping up. Next thing you know, you have one or two mysterious eyebrow hairs that are thick as redwoods, increasing in length over night. You start wondering whether to trim them daily, or just let em go like Andy Rooney does. It's quite stressful :)

GTech, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  14. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, i do, when it is worth the time and effort, which you are making more and more clear that you are not :D

wendydettmer, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  15. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey GT I have had those stray folicles for years now. The worst are the ones in your nose. It is like the pain tinge goes right through to your brain plucking one of them ;)

Anyway this is a it of topic. So I will leave it to wendydettmer to say something wise about googles latest algo or her views on hilltop or LSI

thehonz, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you have the ability to reason correctly or is your mind programmed just to think stupidity and your mouth to speak lunacies :confused:

Don't you have some other forum to pollute today?

If you want to remain a member here it would be wise not to insult our members and the co-op unless you are looking to be banned today :cool:

anthonycea, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  17. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    hey, i am the devils advocated. It is like preaching to the converted round here

"Do you have the ability to reason correctly or is your mind programmed just to think stupidity and your mouth to speak lunacies"

What lunacies am I speaking? You have given me no good argument why google/yahoo/msn would not take the network down

thehonz, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah but I am giving some good one's on why you should be taken down :eek:

Dude, go read some threads, you are just a complete jerk and have a lot to learn, I would post once for every 100 threads that you read, you could actually learn something that way, one thing is sure though, that you will never learn anything by posting and no other member could learn anything from your posts.

Now go start reading because no one is going to answer your stupid posts :cool:

19. thehonz

thehonz Guest

Best Answers:
    "Dude, go read some threads, you are just a complete jerk and have a lot to learn,"

Now, now. who is bad mouthing now!

Still did not answer my question, this network is against googles TOS. Did you know that?

I quote "Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links. "

thehonz, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Having idiots on the forum is against the TOS here and you can be sure that if you keep posting your silly bullshit posts that you will be banned.

No one is going to answer your insane posts man, like I said you are going over topics that have been discussed in many other threads.

Go read some threads and you will see how stupid you really are for making such statements.

Do you think you are the first one that has said this on the forum :confused: