1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would be the best strategy for promoting my graphic design blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by inegoita, Mar 31, 2019.

Hi guys,

Can you give me a few pointers/ideas on how to promote my graphic design blog?

Basically I'm creating Photoshop addons like mockups, actions, brushes, etc. which I give away for free. I'm monetizing by promoting my commercial Photoshop items next to my free ones.

My blog is gaining traffic steadily, but slowly. What would be the best strategy to grow for this kind of niche?

thanks in advance,
    John

inegoita, Mar 31, 2019 IP
  2. Fiver Affiliates

Fiver Affiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey John,
    In my humble opinion it seems like social media traffic is what you are looking for. If you are indeed giving away quality graphic design resources, then creating a youtube channel might benefit you as well. Post your giveaways there, and create some nice PS tutorials. It deosn't have to be a top notch production quality - as long as you'll show some effort and optimize your videos with keywords and tags, you'll steadily build another promotional channel that would generate traffic to your blog.

Fiver Affiliates, Apr 4, 2019 IP
  3. inegoita

inegoita Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I'm actually already doing all main social networks (FB 43k followers, twitter about 10k, instagram - just started) I also have a YouTube channel with 1.6k subscribers. I think I'm hitting all areas, but I'm wondering if I'm missing anything.

For example, on FB I only get about 10 likes per post... seems a bit low, considering I got my followers organically, so no schemes. Maybe I don't post at the right hours, or I don't know how to make the content engaging enough

With YouTube, it went very well, very fast, but it takes me 3-4 full days to create a 10 min video tutorial. I get visits, but only as long as I promote it. As soon as I stop promoting it, views drop down 70%

inegoita, Apr 4, 2019 IP
  4. Fiver Affiliates

Fiver Affiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    43K facebook fans and 1.5K youtube subscribers is very impressive, so you have already got a solid base to continue from.
    If tutorials are too time-consuming for you, maybe make videos with just give aways of the items you are giving on your blog. Just anounce what you are giving and how they can get it. Think about other ideas for videos, because youtube can easily help you generate even more traffic as long as you produce videos answering ever green questions.

And lastly, as a graphic design blogger, you should defintely get into Pinterest as well. We use pinterest to generate "inspiration" intent visitors and the great thing about it is that Pinterest pages easily get to the front page of Google in very competitive keywords.

Good luck!

Fiver Affiliates, Apr 4, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. inegoita

inegoita Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, forgot about pinterest. I have about 3.5k followers there. I'm only pinning images using the pin button on my website. But, what I've noticed is that Google seems to prefer Pinterest over me, so I was wondering if Pinterest is helping or hurting my rankings.

Do you have a good source for reading about how to properly leverage posting on Pinterest?

inegoita, Apr 4, 2019 IP
  6. evelynlee

evelynlee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, Use infographics in your blog, and publish that in info-graphic sharing site with that blog link.

evelynlee, Apr 4, 2019 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "Google seems to prefer Pinterest over me"? In what sense can it hurt your rankings?

qwikad.com, Apr 5, 2019 IP
  8. inegoita

inegoita Member

Best Answers:
    I mean that when I publish my posts I get found on Google, and when I post the images on Pinterest my blog disappears from the search results or it's pushed down by the Pinterest result. I know that people go to the Pinterest result and then to my website, but not all, some of them drop off on Pinterest

inegoita, Apr 5, 2019 IP
  9. inegoita

inegoita Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good idea, but I have no clue as to the topic and where to get meaningful information.

inegoita, Apr 5, 2019 IP