1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Works Best After Trial and Error

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by AllproJJ, May 31, 2012.

1. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    gebruike: Anytime you're trying to sell digital music it's gonna be a hard-sell. The reason being is that there is just sooo much competition out there. I've never ventured into that category, but I wouldn't really bet on it being successful.... Don't let me discourage you though, if you can get that category in front of enough eyes, I'm sure you'd make some profit, not sure it would be big though.

~JJ~

AllproJJ, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  2. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Selling music on Amazon is pretty easy if you choose sub-genres and promote to a niche audience with very specific taste in music. For instance, promoting music to fans of drum and bass is cake since the market is so small and people are willing to buy new tracks all the time. I know this is true because I'm a member of the market and regularly buy dnb tracks to support my favorite producers.

freelancewebaz, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  3. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got my copy. On my computer and on my Android. Should be a good read.

ZilaHost, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  4. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Doing your research is the absolute key to being successful. Trial and Error means you can put a lot of work into a site and it won't perform.

Learn about niche research, keyword research and spend a lot of time figuring out what niche to go into before you actually take that first step and buy a domain.

freshdevelopment, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  5. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're going to get involved with the music category on amazon, I'd suggest following freelancewebaz advice.

AllproJJ, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  6. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sell music quite well, the commission is insanely low. I get a lot from video streams too, well, a lot at 20 cents each doesn't exactly make serious money though.

Physical music is far better. Box Sets that are limited edition and often times priced at $89 - $200+ always get a few clicks and serious collectors will splurge if you write a good review. You have to know what your talking about though, because they can sniff out fakes really easily.

sirjorgeofculver, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  7. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site that sells lesser known electronic dance music mostly in subniches and it does alright. I'm using it not to make money by itself but to boost the commissions on my shed site.

freelancewebaz, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  8. tudorache.alexandru08

tudorache.alexandru08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips!

tudorache.alexandru08, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  9. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hope you enjoyed it tudorache.alexandru08. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

AllproJJ, Oct 6, 2012 IP