1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What will you do with the content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Melisa455, Jul 25, 2014.

Hi,

I have a question. Many people brought content here.
    And I am sure there are times when you brought articles that is not up to your satisfaction.

For those buyer that have pay more than $10/ 500 words article, you could ask the seller to re-write.

But what about those that only pay $1-$3 for a 500 words article? I am sure those writer will not wish to re-write.
    What will you do with the content that is not to your satisfaction? Maybe those article did not pass copyscape?

What will you do with those articles?

Do you think selling those articles to PLR sites could help cover your loss?

Melisa455, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why, if a buyer rejects an article, particularly if copied from somewhere else, do you think anyone else would want it?

Also, what loss did you incur if you were copying content? 5 minutes to cut and paste and email it to your unsuspecting client?

YMC, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  3. John Nats

John Nats Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a good question. You could do that. Whenever I have been in that situation I have just edited them myself. It really depends on what kind of quality the article is. I mean if it's really bad i think you would find it hard to sell it on unless you fixed the mistake. I think really whatever price you paid you have a right to expect a certain standard of writing.

John Nats, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not “whatever” exactly. Buyers who are paying a mere $2 or 3 for 500-words shouldn't really expect any standard as such. IMO, a standard, what you may sometimes call as a 'certain minimum standard' starts only above a 'certain minimum price'. Now how much this 'certain minimum price' should be is an entirely different topic for discussion, but $2 or 3 doesn't even come anywhere close to it and I suppose most of us will agree on that.

This is only the buyer's side of the whole equation. A writer/seller feels motivated to deliver standard or quality only when the pay is above a 'certain minimum level'.
    My question - Would it be right to restate the quoted statement from the writer's side? It would go like -
    No offense, just my view.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 25, 2014 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  5. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I don't see the point in pre-writing articles for sale in a marketplace. Why would someone spend time writing something in the hope that someone else wants to buy it? Writing for the web is something that is (or should be) tailored to each website, keywords, tone and subject etc. IMO if you want to write for writings sake (which is always good) then publish the results yourself, either on your own site portfolio or somewhere like EzineArticles, at least then you will benefit from them fully.
    Buying something you haven't seen is always risky, even if you are only paying a couple of bucks.

Emma Pollard, Jul 26, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    YMC, I think you have misunderstand my question.
    What I mean is if we buy article from cheap seller and they produce low quality work that cannot be used.
    What will you do with those article?

Melisa455, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  7. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. If I am to pay for $2/$3 for a 500 word article, I don't think I will feel motivated to write.
    Cannot expect too much for cheap work...

8. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have a point. Thanks for your advice.

9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. I did misunderstand. I thought you were asking as the seller and not the buyer.

Well, if they are unusable, I would ask for my money back and/or dispute the charge. If the transaction is through PayPal, sometimes you can get your money back. If you get your money back, obviously the article is no longer yours to use.

Being able to use them would depend on what's wrong with them. If it's only bad grammar, and not copied words, you might be able to fix it - assuming you didn't get a refund. There are many folks buying cheap content from "writers" who have weak English skills but fairly decent research skills. The buyer cleans up the grammar or hires another low-wage person to do it for them.

Generally, most folks I know who've gotten burned, never use the articles and simply delete them.

YMC, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  10. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    I have bought many articles with one intention only and that is to use the article as a basis for my re-write because 1) I never like them anyway 2) they are great to use as an outline and get the creative juices flowing 3) I never have to worry about copyscape because the finished Word will be my own. Hope this helps.

cborrx, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Interesting. So do you write most of the content for your website on your own? I mean do you never hire a writer?

Content Maestro, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  12. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    I hire many writers..and I always re-write them....so yes I do write all the content myself​

cborrx, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's actually very good. All content that goes out on your site is edited and reviewed by you. But the problem mostly is that a lot of webmasters/site owners don't have the time to do this ..... so they leave it all to the writers.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  14. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    That's no different than running any absentee business. How well do think that would go. I used to own a pharmacy, a car wash, and a hair salon..I wouldn't dream of running any business absentee.

cborrx, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  15. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. Most people just use the article as it is written without proof-read it. It is very rare people will rewrite the content.
    Well done and keep it up :)

Melisa455, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  16. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can I say this: These constant debates about $2 articles are really a bit silly, if you ask me.

First, if you're a writer and choose to work for $2, then don't complain about it. We all have the right to pick and choose our work. In my opinion, I don't care how much you're being paid, do a good job. if you're not happy with the pay, don't accept the work. But to put out work that is beneath your standard and then blame the client because he/she isn't paying you enough is bad business. In the end, we're all responsible for our actions, so take responsibility for yours.

For buyers, if you choose to purchase $2 crap then don't whine about it being crap. They make BWW's and they make Honda Civics. They don't cost the same because they don't represent the same quality. Writing is the same.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, it's just that I see so much of this and I never see anyone say, "Well, I chose the article, or I chose the client..."

If you don't want to work cheap, don't. I don't. I won't. My skills have been honed over a lifetime and I sure as hell will not give them away for crap pay. $100 per hour is my benchmark.,be it a nhourly job or fixed rate. I don't always get that, but if I have to compromise and work for $40... hey, it's still $40.

I know many of you here are also good writers and can command a decent wage. yes, cheapo clients are annoying and they're everywhere. But if we stop acknowledging them, they'll fade away :)

And clients, if you want real results, hire a real writer for a real wage. $100 an hour for a sales letter or landing page that will cost you 2 hours is BS compared to the hundreds or thousands that copy will make you.

Look up the law of reciprocity. You cget out of it what you put into it. And that goes for writers and clients.

Again, sorry to be harsh, but we, the wirters, are worth better and I'm stiredof seeing this $2 debate. You all can do it, I know you can!

Ra ra! lol

SCookAAM, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  17. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dependent upon your area of residence, the pay may suffice for their purposes, firstly. Secondary. I do agree with what you're saying. I think 100 an hour is probably exorbitant for many small companies and we have to be cognizant of the fact that not everyone is going to be able to pay that, but the reality is that if you pay peanuts, you very often get monkeys. Still I have done a lot of volunteer writing for non profits and I would hope that my quality didn't suffer simply because I wasn't paid. To me that quality is a matter of pride. I've trained many ESL writers to do good articles and good English and grammar simply by working with them so that's another consideration. You can train anyone with a little natural talent to do the kind of writing that you want in the long term. Bear in mind when hiring that skills are can be taught but attitude is forever. If you get someone who takes the job and then complains or tries to up the price, they aren't the best match for you. Don't waste your time and move along to find someone who is. All that said, the original question was, what to do with articles that don't match up to your expectations. Do the same thing that you would be doing with articles that do match your expectations. Part them out. THere may be some sentences that are great. Use them for twitter posts, facebook excerpts. Use them to make info graphics or as a script for a video short. You can reuse the content that won't go well on your site, just as you can repurpose the content that does go well and get more "bang for your content buck," as the buzz phrase goes. :) Happy Monday!!

ladymacbeth9, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  18. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree. The thing about $100 an hour, or $200, for that matter, is that it's just a way for us to predict the time vs skills. For example, you might pay me $100 an hour for a 2 hour job for a sales letter. But, if that letter returns $2,000 in business, I'd say that's a great deal. On the other hand, if you pay a guy $15 per hour for the same sales letter, and it takes him 6 hours, you stpnt $90. But perhaps, truthfully, you might make nothing on it, or very little.

The greater an hourly wage we charge directly relates to speed. if I'm fast and good, and I charge $20, I get penalized for being fast, and that's not fair.

Also, the value of the piece should be taken into consideration. I'd rather, for example, charge a fixed rate. A high converting landing page will cost more than a 400 word blog post, that's just how it is.

SCookAAM, Jul 28, 2014 IP