1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What will be better in 2015, whiteboard videos or articles?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by bestwriter, Jan 9, 2015.

Hello Everyone,

What will be the better form of marketing in 2015, video marketing or content marketing? Will the whiteboard videos drive more traffic than articles? Will you go with hiring an article writer or video maker? How many videos will you like to have ready for your SEO campaign if your answer is videos? Please give your views.

Thank You

bestwriter, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  2. kulwantnagi2003

kulwantnagi2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Videos are going to rule search engines in coming years.

kulwantnagi2003, Jan 11, 2015 IP
  3. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the quality of your content. Both of these can really suck, if executed in a wrong/low quality way. Video is definitely the preferred format for most people (even according to some of the online stats) - it's an article for the lazy.

Alex Toll, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  4. privatefox

privatefox Member

Best Answers:
    I realize there are definite search engine benefits to using video, but of the two options, I still see articles and "traditional" content marketing being more versatile and ultimately responsible for a greater percentage of referral traffic.

As you pose the two things as being so separate--articles and videos--imagine a blog that posted nothing but whiteboard videos. Even with changing the subject matter from video to video, to me, this site would be limited to its niche audience and I feel it would get boring quickly.

Now think of all the personal websites, blogs and news sites that are already succeeding with "traditional" articles written and presented in a smart way.

As already mentioned, it really comes down to the quality of whatever content is created.

Of course, your question makes an assumption that content marketing is separate from videos, and that's not always true.

privatefox, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  5. mp050288

mp050288 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a video is more effective, cause it can tell the same thing as a good article and much more, it can attract people, affect all your senses, and it's easyer to understand.

mp050288, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  6. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is hard to compare. Video marketing and Content marketing are target to 2 different groups of people.

For me, if I need step by step guidance to do something, I will find video at youtube to look for instructional videos.

However if I am in a rush, I will prefer to read articles.

Melisa455, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  7. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend creating articles, then spin those articles into infographics, videos, slideshows. Basically use the same content in different ways to maximize your exposure and time.

George Peirson, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  8. mp050288

mp050288 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you are right, maybe the most effective combination is writing a post that includes some uploaded video, photos, so the story you are telling becomes more convincible, as you have more sources.

mp050288, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  9. nprins

nprins Member

Best Answers:
    Videos are going to be increasingly important for websites as the bandwidth and Internet speeds around the world pick up. Written content will continue to be one of the best ways of generating Search Engine traffic to your site. For this reason I'd suggest mixing videos and articles. Whatever you do though, make sure your content is well produced and stands out from the crowd.

nprins, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  10. Lt.BlackCobra

Lt.BlackCobra Peon

Best Answers:
    Videos tend to be easy to follow because they show what you're doing, and explain along the way

Lt.BlackCobra, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  11. smartel

smartel Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the general consensus of not comparing oranges and apples; each medium will have its appeal dependant on the target audience. I sense that there are certain sectors of the marketplace that will never respond to video as a marketing medium, whereas another sector would consider reading an article the definition of a waste of time - ineffectual and unappealing. Therefore, the same rules that have always applied will continue to apply - know your market, tailor your message and its medium to that market - profit.

smartel, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  12. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this completely.

One of the things that I have noticed about myself lately is that I love making tutorial videos but hate using them. There are different kinds of people in the world, so I would find a way to re-purpose content into multiple channels.

ITeachBlogging, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  13. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The current "videos for everything" is one of the most annoying things about the "new web". News-articles - in the form of a video. "Funny content" - again in the form of a video. Instructions - in the form of a video. WHY? They're less efficient, most, if not all, demands sound, it's impossible to search for specifics, and they take WAY longer to go through than just reading a few pages of text. They mostly suck for "traditional content". Where videos excel is in getting a message across - or showing things that sort of need to be seen "in action" - for instance the popular YouTube channels, cooking shows, political statements, philosophy - in these cases, where a bit of visual action and back-and-forth talking can create interest, videos are good. For most anything else it's at best an added way of telling a story, at its worst it's just annoying.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  14. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    One is not better than the other. Each is effective, but for different kinds of market, content, etc.
    Both also need not be mutually exclusive. In certain cases, using both video and content makes for the most effective marketing.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  15. webmaster44

webmaster44 Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to content, you must prepare it seperately for each website to build backlinks. but for videos you can upload same video to several video sharing sites.

webmaster44, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  16. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Videos can be a very effective tool in content marketing. Though finding a right audience is a key. I think that nowadays we all become visual beings and video are especially convincing for us. Videos are especially effective when it comes to mobile users. I've read that by 2018 videos will constitute 69% of mobile traffic

RogerDale, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  17. Peter Alypos

Peter Alypos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't remember when I came back to some www becouse of article. Now video is on top. Even Fb going in this direction. No one check latest post update on fb, just everybody scrolling down to see video in news feed.

Peter Alypos, May 27, 2015 IP
  18. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can invest on both, then do it. Youtube is the second largest search engine in the whole world, and people are so into it; whether they are looking for a tutorial, review, how-to etc. It only means that video has a very big impact to the people. On the other hand, content is also important. Content has a very big contribution in the internet world because it is what people usually look for. So, just think of the importance of both marketing strategies in their own ways. With regards to how many videos, that depends. I suggest that you start on just one video first and see how it goes.

Patricia Ann Lee, May 27, 2015 IP
  19. Ian Golightly

Ian Golightly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To tell you the truth you need to do both. Google looks for rich text articles and not videos. If you don't want to right jargon of information then I would give brief discriptions on your videos. Think of it as: being user friendly to the deaf if they couldn't hear the audio on the videos. If you can make it 50/50, 50% videos and 50% articles you will be golden. Just make sure you use rich keywords in your articles for SEO purposes. The main thing is being consistent with the whole procress; you'll eventually see a increase in traffic overtime. Trust me ;)
    Best wishes,
    Ian Golightly @ Iangolightly.com
    SEO guru, Branding mogul, product branding launcher

Ian Golightly, May 29, 2015 IP
  20. Shanaya Rodolfo

Shanaya Rodolfo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both are important and effective. I don't think so that you can achieve your goal by practicing any one of these marketing strategies. As Patricia mentioned that if its possible for you then go for both.

Shanaya Rodolfo, Jun 12, 2015 IP