1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What was the most important thing for you to monitor?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by David Pen, Jun 29, 2013.

What has been the most important aspect of traffic information for you to analyze? Was it the reference link? The browser type? Return visits? Geographic source? Which pages are visited most? The exit links? Or something else maybe?

David Pen, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Geo targeted visitors and reference link are the most important for any website. It is not possible to get exact information either we use google analytics or other.

humtuma, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  3. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that's not English... not understandable English at any rate. What are you talking about?

David Pen, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  4. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:

David, the most important aspect of traffic information would be the 'bounce rate' of your website. That will tell you how many people love your site. Next would obviously be the number of return visits.

Unless you are targeting a particular country's visitors, geographic location isn't going to be important for you.

You can find out which pages from your site perform better (the ones that get good number of clicks or the pages that give you more conversion/business). You may then improve the visibility/promote and push those pages up and that will be great for your business.

Hope I answered your question! Feel free to ask me if you need more help :)

TPvinod, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  5. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    TPnivod, what about visitors coming from Google? Don't they tend to have a higher bounce rate? What if most of your visitors come from Google? I imagine most of these people would come to the site, get the information they're looking for, and leave. So the bounce rate would not be all that accurate, unless there was a way you could filter the search-engine traffic from the non-search-engine traffic...

David Pen, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  6. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    David, google webmaster tools helps you separate search and non-search traffic. Other forms of traffic may be through referral (FB, Twitter, Pinterest), paid/free advertising and direct traffic.

In, Direct traffic, you get visitors who have subscribed you through email. So they will visit your site only if they like your posts they see in the mail. If you have multiple posts on your site that are really good and attracts a person, bounce rate will be good(low). To get the most of this, you will have to fill your visitor's eyes with related articles/posts. There are plugins available in wordpress if you use WP.

In Referral traffic, people may find your image to be very attractive and may click on it and will land on your page. They are most likely to leave soon so your bounce rate tends to be high! Same applies to advertising campaigns.

And finally, organic traffic. If you are getting traffic from Google "Web" results, then you are likely to have a low bounce rate because people searched and found your site and are likely to spend more time in your site if it's good and attractive. If you get traffic from Google "Image" search, then your bounce rate is going to be poor(high).

The bottomline is to have informative content, posted regularly and it is you who should take efforts to highlight and show relevant/related articles to your reader on the sidebar or somewhere, even when he is reading the first article.

This WILL work and HAS BEEN WORKING for me! Hope this helps :)

TPvinod, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  7. Fervil VOn

Fervil VOn Member

Best Answers:
    Almost everything in analytics are important but for me return visits and bounce rate plays a good role in site monitoring. Insights coming from these two dictates the problem of your site. If your site has a high bounce rate and no big % on returning visits it means the site is unhealthy and non user-friendly.

when you get traffic from Google that means you're being seen by people through organic searches. Google only shows webpages that are relevant to what a searcher types in their search bar so I don't think visitors coming from organic search tend to have a higher bounce rate but instead you have these people as your targeted visitors because they are looking for something and then they found your web page and clicked on it.

Search engine traffic and non-search engine traffic can be seen through the pie chart breakdown of % of traffic in traffic sources.

Fervil VOn, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  8. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I personally monitor my keywords, how much traffic i get per keyword, where people are being referred from and stuff like that, I have actually just created a video tutorial on how to track your keywords in RankTracker from Link-Assistant, you might find that one interesting :)

Helge Sverre, Sep 7, 2013 IP