1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What type of website is this ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Mirvjen Dollani, Jan 31, 2015.

Hello,
    i want to know what type of website is this ? How is this created and how do they post things ?
    I used some CMS detector websites and they didn't find anything.
    The website is http://www.factslides.com
    I also find this: http://www.factslides.com/admin.aspx
    Thanks a lot

Solved! View solution.
    Mirvjen Dollani, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  2. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it is custom-made. I am not aware of any CMS that would do this.

ablaye, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like ASP.net or at least my limited knowledge in web development says so. Not a CMS but a whole framework. If you want to use it you better pack up some money and find some good Windows servers for it. ;)

Rado_ch, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's probably custom made, but the site itself is pretty simple. You could make something like this quite easily with WordPress for instance, all you'd need is a custom theme.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  5. Mirvjen Dollani

Mirvjen Dollani Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    What do you mean with custom made ? That is made from simple HTML ?
    I dont know programming and i searched for a wordpress theme and found nothing.
    What do you suggest me to do ? Except paying s.o else to create it.
    Thanks

Mirvjen Dollani, Feb 1, 2015 IP
    "custom made" means that it's coded from scratch - not using a framework or cms. However, for ease of use, it's most likely built on an existing cms or similar, or at least that's what I would do if I were to make something like this. A custom made WordPress theme, for instance, and custom post types would achieve most of this, if not all. However, you would need to know coding, at least PHP and HTML / CSS. Probably some javascript as well. And, of course, how to integrate this with your cms of choice. Not a very complicated site, from what I could see, but still some work to be done. Since I haven't had a look at it from the computer, I don't know how each "fact" is made, but I would probably make it by uploading a background image, process that image to find key colors, and then just write the text, use a dynamic font library and use css to color specific elements based on i, b, em and span.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  7. Mirvjen Dollani

Mirvjen Dollani Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you

Mirvjen Dollani, Feb 1, 2015 IP