1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what type of web hosting company do you guys have

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mike2148, Apr 22, 2017.

I am just wondering what kind of web host are popular going to make a website and I was wondering witch one to use

mike2148, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of good ones.

HostGator is popular. At the moment I'm using both Namecheap & Lifetime Hosting. Lifetime is good for a small site. You pay one time and no monthly fees, but the inode limit is half what Namecheap or HostGator give you. (Inode refers to the number of files you can have in your account.)

I'm sure you'll get a large list of hosting services from other members.

JoeSpirit, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Depends entirely on what you need. Personally, I use DigitalOcean, who provides VPS-services, quite good speed, but they're not the cheapest - and you need to know how to set up a server yourself, nobody will hold your hand. They do have very good support and guides on the site, though.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  4. winner101

winner101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use the cloud hosting on hostgator. I personally find the support (live chat) pretty good. I like the cloud hosting over the shared hosting because it is faster. It really depends on how big your site is. They have 100k inode limit and if your under that they will back up your site for free. if not you can buy codeguard (which isn't expensive at all) to back it up for you.

winner101, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  5. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would actually highly suggest staying away from HostGator, they're EIG owned now and there are a number of forum threads of customers complaining their support has gone down hill a lot.

If you are just starting out then basic shared hosting with a good host is probably best. Once you start getting some decent traffic I would recommend moving to a VPS.

SolaDrive, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  6. walle-intermedia

walle-intermedia Member

Best Answers:
    My recommendations (for Norwegians)
    domeneshop.no
    sircon.no

I have used these web hosts for many years without any problems, good prices and good support.
    * Choose a company that is in the same country as your website

walle-intermedia, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  7. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly this question completely depends on what are your website plans, What traffic you are expecting, how much data it will load, Speed, performance, managed or Unmanaged , Budget this are some of the basic points that will define your website requirement.
    In general we have seen a rise in our VPS hosting plans from few months.

webhost.uk.net, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  8. tersterghen

tersterghen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i`m using godaddy,and not any issues

tersterghen, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    One thing about domeneshop.no (which I use myself for some things, like buying Norwegian domains) is that they use shared servers, and their server-side security has left some things to be decided, on several occasions. Doesn't mean I wouldn't use them, they have good support, provides SSH-access to servers, and have few limits on what you can install, just be sure that what you store there isn't sensitive data.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  10. AhmadShahezad

AhmadShahezad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think generally HostGator or even Godaddy is highly recommended for hosting duties, but ultimately it depends a lot on your own set of requirement. I do care about cost, but still I keep the quality as primary thing which is why I even have CDN for my web site. As it too hard to make your mark on global note without quality CDN with you and that’s why I prefer BitNGo, as they have really made thing awesome with innovative technology, having over 100+ data centers, Advanced Cache Controls, Unlimited Numbers of Zones and all that at very much affordable rates!

AhmadShahezad, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  11. mike2148

mike2148 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks guys I got it

mike2148, Apr 25, 2017 IP