1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to put at the front page?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by gamestoenjoy, Apr 8, 2018.

Hi,
    SEMrush
    I have a blog about learning the software Kodi.

Currently the front page contains the recent posts which change once I publish a new post (and I do this quite often), but I was wondering perhaps it is better to put the popular posts there so the front page will be static.

What do you recommend?
    Which one is better?

Thank you in advance :)

This is my blog: KodiBeginner.com

gamestoenjoy, Apr 8, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself, what are folks coming to the site for. That #1. Either cover it or link to it. The front page should tell people how to find the stuff they came to look at, learn or buy. How you do that depends on what stuff you have that they want. That's why a degree in library science can be all important. It's what librarians do; organize stuff so it can be found easily and index it so its location is known.

One thing I found annoying is your use of ledes; I suppose it's alright for the front page, but I followed a menu link to 'overview' and got a link that said "continue reading". Why the hell didn't you link me there in the first place?

gary

kk5st, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  3. gamestoenjoy

gamestoenjoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Gary,

The overview is a category like other categories (installation, configuration, etc.) and in categories I show only preview of the article, so it won't take too much space.
    It is only temporary that this category will contain only one article, as I intend to add more articles soon.

gamestoenjoy, Apr 9, 2018 IP