1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with many domains?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hellojed, Jan 19, 2005.

Hey everyone.

I develop a number of sites and am now looking to learn the marketing and SEO side of things (so I may be around a bit asking lots of questions - apologies from the outset!)

A friend of mine has 14 car domains which he is looking to utilise. What I wanted to know was what is the best option for them so that they can be indexed by the SE's.

He wants to keep them all at the same hosting company, but would it be better to keep them as separate sites (They won't be very big sites, at most they'll have a handful of pages on them) or have 13 as aliases which point/auto direct to the main one.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

hellojed

hellojed, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  2. Cardplayer

Cardplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    For search engine indexing purposes, you'd want to build 14 different sites. Otherwise only one of the domains will be indexed. There is no SEO advantage in pointing multiple domains at the same site.

Best of luck!

Cardplayer, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  3. hellojed

hellojed Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent.

Thanks very much of that.

hellojed

hellojed, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  4. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's what this place is all about - so by all means - ask questions....

Host them seperatly.... I'd even recommend hosting them on seperate hosts if feasable and possible.... But keeping them all unique and quality filled will reap the best rewards either way you do it....

clasione, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a similar question, along these lines.

I currently have a VERY small yoga information site. I want to expand, with an overall theme of fitness/nutrition/health. I was thinking of having subsites with different domain names, all with different content, etc, but was wondering if it was worthwhile to also have a main domain that links to all the other topics as well.

For example, i have a yoga site, and want to do a nutrition site, women's health site, mens' health site, etc. In addition to marketing those, should I also do a 'health site' that links to all the others?

It's late, so i hope that made sense lol

thanks
    wendy

wendydettmer, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  6. crafty

crafty Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

What I did was register a domain name that covered a range of topics. fitness-health-beauty.com
    Perhaps you could do something similar and get a domain name name which would be relevant for a range of topics in your chosen area.
    I have not yet done much with this name but there is plenty of scope to cover many associated fields.

Cheers
    Tony
    holidays

crafty, Jan 25, 2005 IP