1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with $50k of money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by olddocks, Dec 15, 2010.

1. AllComm

AllComm Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not spend any of the money till you take the time to listed to what Mike Dillard has to say.
    Check him out by typing "Mike Dillard Elevation Group" into Google.

And no... I am not affiliated in any way. :)

I just read a bunch of his material last week and was really impressed with his investment ideas and insights on the near future of the economy. I do not have enough money to invest or I would try some of his ideas.

AllComm, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  2. Cabrelle

Cabrelle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've read a lot of posts and they are pretty funny. Someone reccomeneded putting $49,000 into your bank. You'll earn maybe 1% interest. If it was my money I'd invest $45,000 into the stock market and buy 3-5 mid-size websites with the remaining $5,000... But that's just me.

Cabrelle, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  3. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    i go and buy lots lots of lottery tickets :D
    or just invest it and enjoy the interests too

phpwnes, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  4. cluongo18

cluongo18 Member

Best Answers:
    $50k isnt anywhere near enough to start a gaming studio broski, sorry to crush your dreams. (youll need a lot more to start one of those)

The smart thing to do, would be just save the money. ALL OF IT. Put it into your bank with your other money from your web design job. Pretend you just got a year salary for free. Think about it....$50,000 is an average median income for lots of Web related jobs. You just earned a years salary like that. A YEARS SALARY. Handed to you. Be smart about it. Save the big chunk, and use it as back up. Trust me you wont regret it. (and yea of course, take out $2/3K to invest in a website or two)

cluongo18, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  5. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Use that money and invest in an education.

mezner, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  6. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you have no experience in a field, and no leadership skills, I smell $50k that could be better used on hookers and blow. ;)

Set the money aside, working for yourself isnt all its cracked up to be. You need experience, you need leadership, you need to be able to multitask, so many different things.

How old are you?

webrec, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  7. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    I could spend 50 G's on two graphic/rendering computers

webrec, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  8. Ucashcow

Ucashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a solid business plan I put together, and it has some minor start up costs, and I have built organizations, hired people and expanded operations.........if you are serious about putting a little of your money into a new start-up..........let's talk. I have been told by many Venture capital representatives that if Phase I is working, which includes advertising revenues, that they'd love to put even more money into the concept. I've shopped my idea and everybody want to invest, AFTER it's launched. I found a great IT company to build it in "greymatterindia" based on recommendation from guys who used them, notably "ecopedia" and "mojopages" and both founders of those companies gave awesome recommendations to work with GreyMatter India. Grey Matter was about 5million dollar company and merged with another IT solution provider and now are 100 million dollar top notch organization based in Mumbai.

I need about $5000-$10,000 to match what i'm putting up, and I know we are off. I've branded and bought all the Tier 1 premium domain names needed to "brand" this business in North American and Europe. I have invested over $5000 in premium domain names. And this business will grow thru a "franchise" model, so we'll be leveraging capital, and also leveraging the efforts of many entreprenuers, pushing their franchises in the same direction, making us a household, name "brand" , the same as Yahoo and Google are name brands. I saw your post and have been looking for an investor/ partner.........so thought I'd respond.

Ucashcow, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  9. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Invest in real estate, invest in buying some websites that have some revenue and start your own websites and invest in SEO.

andrej, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  10. krashok2010

krashok2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    in this competitive world we need huge investment, good business experience to service in business... video game company is good idea... you want to be innovative... for example take StickCricket.com,,, it is the innovative cricket game... you can try something likethiss....

krashok2010, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  11. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would recommend stock investment, if you are keen, you can pm me. I am learning stocks now too, would be great if there's someone who i can discuss and learn together. :)

D3rek, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  12. Scula

Scula Peon

Best Answers:
    $50,000 is a nice chunk of change to save or put down on a house. I wouldn't invest it into a small video game company if you have no prior experience.

Scula, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  13. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you earned these money, forget about other business opportunities, continue working with it!

patco, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  14. hostain

hostain Member

Best Answers:
    invest wisely

hostain, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  15. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    You clearly didnt read his post

webrec, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  16. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    Video Games cost more than 10 Million Dollars just to make 1 single game . Look at any game credits and see how many people work there , just imagine the salaries you have to give . Good luck :)

Elberengy, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  17. Mackster2

Mackster2 Guest

Best Answers:
    like the idea of buying, quickly upgrading and selling existing websites. You could always look at partnering up with someone
    on a new adventure and low initial investment and bank the rest. We are looking for a investor to bring our 9 year old site
    to the next level and go Chinese. Will be a big money maker one day soon.

Mackster2, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  18. Dyachek

Dyachek Member

Best Answers:
    I would advise you just to invest money in beneficial project in which you are sure :)
    Good Luck :)

Dyachek, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  19. snshusat161

snshusat161 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so many posts out here. I even don't have time to read all of them. I say that don't buy many websites. just buy or make one website and invest all money for its promotion. don't put all your moeny on advertisement. first put some fraction see the result, if you are satisfied with the result invest more on advertisement. once you are in position to earn sufficiently stop there and now advertise with your site earning. in this way you can make a great website.

btw, i need somebody who can buy one script and can afford a VPS.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2052757

snshusat161, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  20. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    US equity market is on the up swing. Recession is finally behind us and jobs are being created. Now it is time to get back in stock market, or real estate market. Buy a foreclosure and you can thank me later.

webbmaster, Jan 5, 2011 IP