1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with $50k of money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by olddocks, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with ApocalypseXL, if you're smart enough you can make large profits in the market with very limited risk. If you buy a website for $10,000 the most you can lose is $10,000, if you brought $10,000 worth of a stock and limited your market exposure to 25% through using a stop loss order then the most you can lose is $2,500 and the most you can make is theoretically infinite.

Seqqa, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  2. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Other people are saying to invest the money into the stock market but I totally disagree on the matter, as you have no responsibility of the investment and no control of the success of the business which is less exciting and you learn very little mistakes in the business world. It's very similar to gambling, you can play any game you want, but at the end it's all down to luck and there's nothing you can do to increase your luck.

$50,000 can get you a really profitable website, but you don't know how you would manage the website which will mean it will lose money and you will lose your investment. My best recommendation is to find a trustworthy person (that you actually know and have met) and open up a business where you can both build a great start-up or model. Money is one thing but much more is needed.

The virtual gaming industry is one of the most competitive markets in the world, so if you believe $50,000 is enough to make a viable model, then I am afraid you are wrong. Virtual game development and architecture creation costs millions of dollars of funding, resource and high quality employees to create - and marketing is not included. As long as you are smart with your money, and handle it well, you will make a good return. I've read up on many people who have made millions from $50,000 or less. If you do lose your money, make sure you have lost it in the hardest way possible because then you'll learn more mistakes.

oxidati0n, Dec 18, 2010 IP
    olddocks likes this.
  3. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thank you bilawal360. very informative though! :D +rep

olddocks, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bilawal360 is right to some degree. Although risk of loss is not understanding what you are doing at the end of the day. I like to control risk, because I know if I can't lose money then I can only make it, I guess that's what makes me "lucky" in life.

The best thing you can do is do what you know because what you have knowlege in will be the safest bet.

Seqqa, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  5. MyEasyCpa

MyEasyCpa Peon

Best Answers:
    Take 1K of it and test around with CPA and PPC maybe?

MyEasyCpa, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  6. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    From people around me and my own experiences comes from what I've said, and I believe that stock market is a very risky game and shouldn't be done for people who have very little knowledge on the matter. The amount of returns you get for the risk involved just doesn't balance out most of the time. I'll agree with that he should do what he's best at, and as long as it is a profitable model, grab it with both hands.

Don't be eager to waste/use the money. Money is gold. Like someone said earlier, treat it as if it's your last $50,000 you'll ever get.

oxidati0n, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  7. Hot Custard

Hot Custard Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt get into gaming without the experience, 50k wont last long, it would employ a coder for a year tops. But if you really want to do that, get an iPhone or Andorid developer than can turn out 3 or 4 half decent games in a year, hopefully the sales would keep him employed for another. Then again if you look at offshoring to india, you could proberbly get a small army of coders, and create the next GTA.

Hot Custard, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  8. Makow

Makow Peon

Best Answers:
    @Olddocks: Donot rush into anything, that means that first relax and wait your money some little interest. Secondly the general rule of thumb in business is to spread the risk i.e. never invest all your $50k in one project. Thirdly, do research first. You can spend some little money on research but it is worth the job. Forthly, whatever you do make sure to have a business plan as this tool will be your business compass down 10 years. I hope that this helps for now. Best of luck.

Makow, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  9. TRAFFIC.GURU

TRAFFIC.GURU Member

Best Answers:
    the best thing to do with your 50k is deposit your 40k in your bank account as many people advised you here and then pick the 10k from it and start the biz from it online like adult website building or buy some websites that are making good amount of revenue per month ... and have to invest low money on it to manage those sites... it can give u a lots of profit ...

Go get a partner < should be the webmaster> then make some good money with him...

my advise ....

You can convert you 50k into millions via websites :> . . .

TRAFFIC.GURU, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  10. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    oh Thank you Makow for some great advice!

olddocks, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  11. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I used to do this, but now sites like these are impossible to find, the market is filled with crappy sites and the few that are good sell for very high revenue multiples

DomainMagnate, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  12. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if I got that amount at a time I'll open a service providing website & hire thousands of outsourcing worker :)

Imdadc, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  13. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are 2 types of people in this world.

1. People have lot of money but dont know what to do with it.
    2. People dont have money but know what to do with it.

olddocks, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  14. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with SolarProducts! You should buy a few sites at Flippa or build your own website! If you ask me, I would Invest $10-20k in the website I currently own...I would also build a forum for my website and pay people to make a few thousand posts on this forum to make it active!

miksy123, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  15. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is, that if you no nothing about the industry dont use the 50k for that. The money will disappear quickly especially if you dont understand the business your trying to start.

Best advice would be take some time, really research every avenue. If video games are what your wanting to get into research, research, research until it become second nature. Not everyone is a boss or has strong leadership skills but you'll get the hang of it, there are alot of good books on that topic also.

Good luck:)

powerlifer, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  16. maxine

maxine Peon

Best Answers:
    I have bought kinah from pcgamerusa.com, i got them since i placed order, and got 10% extra use the code: 122389 , they sell another game, if you are a new customer with the code you will get 10% extra all the same!

maxine, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  17. FW-David

FW-David Peon

Best Answers:
    FW-David, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  18. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I got $50000, I would invest 10% in to a website and outsource a lot of the work.
    You could easily out-rank competitors (not too big) and bring in over $20´000 per month if you're smart.

Wulkanen, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  19. rseobeginner

rseobeginner Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure to thinks million times before you start something like online business. try to make a business that do you think will be helpful enough to make that $50K bigger.

rseobeginner, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  20. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    make investment in ptc, its better to get higher quickly.

SoftDev, Dec 30, 2010 IP