1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do with 2 million/month pageviews?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by skunker, Feb 6, 2005.

Hey folks,
    Finally found my niche and am now at 2 million pageviews a month for a photo gallery site that has no content other than the photos themselves.
    My adsense earnings, though, seem low for these many pageviews. Only making xx.xx a day.

How can I maximize my revenue for this site that is heading to get at leat 2-3 million pageviews this month? Should I go with Fastclick? Any affiliate programs out there that will give me better quality ads than Fastclick thanks to my # of pageviews? I feel that FC just dumbs down my page.

Thanks for any tips.

skunker, Feb 6, 2005 IP
  2. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of site is it? With that many page views you should be able to sell adspace outright. How much for an ad on your site?

nfzgrld, Feb 6, 2005 IP
  3. conversionrater

conversionrater Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, with Adsense you're only going to get revenue with clicks. With Fastclick or other Ad networks you can get revenue for just having ads viewed, so I'd take advantage of that if you have 2 million page views.

What I'd recommend is signing up for the Right Media Ad network at [http://www2.rightmedia.com/. They have a tool that allows you to make multiple ad networks compete for your advertising space. So basically you can run Fastclick, Adsense, Right Media, Valueclick, and others all in the same 468x60 ad size, or whatever ad size you want, and Right Media's system does analysis to see which ads are paying you the most and displays more of those ads. Pretty powerful.

conversionrater, Feb 6, 2005 IP
  4. skunker

skunker Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys.
    My site is historical related and uses images from the Public Domain. I tried submitted my site to FClick but haven't heard back from them for the past 2 weeks.

skunker, Feb 6, 2005 IP
  5. fromkhun

fromkhun Guest

Best Answers:
    find more, There are many CPM ads network out there.

fromkhun, Feb 6, 2005 IP
  6. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Try TribalFusion.com. They pay decent CPM for banner ads of all sizes. They do popups/popunders too if you are interested in that sort of thing.

my3cents, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  7. conversionrater

conversionrater Guest

Best Answers:
    TribalFusion is a good suggestion. Some more you might apply for:

Advertising.com
    BurstMedia.com
    Azoogleads.com
    RightMedia.com
    Valueclick.com
    BudsInc.com
    and there are still more.

I'd recommend signing up for as many as possible and using Right Media's system to make them compete to get the best CPM possible for each ad size.

conversionrater, Feb 8, 2005 IP