1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do when you have more domains than you can manage

Discussion in 'General Business' started by John D, Jun 27, 2016.

Hey,

This isn't exactly about domain management, but what to do when you have too many domains that should be developed but don't have time to work on them all.

I have a number of domains I want to develop with a site but I don't have the time, of money to be honest, to develop them because of the current sites I am running and putting money into.

Im working on sites Ive had for over 10 years but I should be doing something with other domains I have instead of just having them renewing every year.

Has anyone else been in the same situation and what have you done?

John D, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It would really depend on the quality of the domain names.

dcristo, Jun 27, 2016 IP
    billzo likes this.
  3. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most are poker / gambling related, some health, I don't list any in my sigs anywhere.

John D, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  4. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't afford them, let them ago. They're only like $10/year, but if you have over 100... and you're not using them ... it's up to you.

I would keep them for nostalgic purposes tbh. Owning something for 10 years and letting it go... idk.

jv1999, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  5. Lucas Johnson

Lucas Johnson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't have the time to develop them and you never will, then there's no reason for keeping them. You can sell them if they're good, but otherwise if you don't have the money to have someone else develop them, then there's not reason to keep them.

Lucas Johnson, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  6. robinbd4u

robinbd4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have no time then just park them. You will get some earnings from them at least.

robinbd4u, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  7. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let sold them over here or at Fllipa make some money & invest the same money in your running website. Eg; Advertising, SEO, hearing writer for new content.

Furquan Ahmed, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If they are good domain names and you don't want to develop them, at least try to sell them before letting them go. I, too, have a bunch of domain names (20 at the moment) that I cannot find the time develop. Some of them are good (I think) domain names and I cannot bear to let them expire and cannot bear to sell them. So I hold onto them.

As long as my revenue from my websites exceeds what I expend for hosting and domains, then I don't mind so much. Even if the domain is not developed, I still count the cost as an expense for my taxes.

billzo, Jun 27, 2016 IP