1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do When Someone Doesn't Pay?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by disintegrationintochaos, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Speaking of Paypal. You may also want to ask them for advice. There could be a couple of staff members who may have some tips.

Perry Rose, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. disintegrationintochaos

disintegrationintochaos Peon

Best Answers:
    update: thanks to my annoying tactics, he has paid the amount he owed me =)

advice to others is to never give up, send a firm email and keep sending an invoice!!

disintegrationintochaos, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  3. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Get the article submitted to 1000's of article directories - that'll devalue it at bit ;)

Hecky, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  4. saumil555

saumil555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    From now on ask for advance payment , and the whole payment before the final submission , as of your current trader harrass him daily with e-mails and stuffs
    :):):)

saumil555, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  5. anna321

anna321 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should first pray to GOD to help you and be honest.
    second check itrade then do work.
    third complain to MODs.

anna321, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  6. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    It's internet of course he won't pay if you finish the job before getting paid...

extraspecial, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  7. annew

annew Peon

Best Answers:
    Call! Phone calls often result in pay. If it's a big enough company to have an accounting department call them... the invoice might have gotten lost, it happens.

And in the future get half or a quarter or a third up front... Good luck

annew, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  8. Action Copy

Action Copy Peon

Best Answers:
    I always insist on 50% up front and 50% up on completion.

In some cases 100% up front.

Brett

Action Copy, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  9. acadianapa

acadianapa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankfully, I've never had a client who hasn't paid me. I've only accepted a job without prepayment once, and this was with a company and not an individual. Always accept at least half. I usually ask for total prepayment of the first order, at least. Once a relationship is established, I can treat things differently. I can demonstrate my trustworthiness from the feedback I have from those I've worked with in the past. Customers can demonstrate theirs by paying in advance. It's the only way to protect yourself and your business.

acadianapa, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  10. goin

goin Peon

Best Answers:
    good information, thanks

goin, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  11. Action Copy

Action Copy Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, also I know two guys.

Vinny and Rocko... They can be real persuasive, glad to hear it worked out.

Action Copy, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  12. Ghon99

Ghon99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just find a way to damage them. Everyone should be paid :/

Ghon99, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  13. shydimp

shydimp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i believe you've tried all the nice stuffs. what you need to do now is to give him/her negative reviews.search out all his posts and leave comments about his dishonesty on everyone of them.next time, even a single negative itrader is enough reason to be cautious.

shydimp, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  14. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why people have issues with non-payment. I had a writer who did not do her job for me and I simply had paypal reverse the payment and I got it back.

It does help to be careful when dealing with people.

When I send a payment to a writer, I specify exactly what service I am purchasing on Paypal. A short message indicating you are buying articles from the writer (specify their username on DP and mention DP's web address), the topics if it isn't too many and that you are looking forward to receiving the articles.

From the beginning, you need to specify clearly that you need an update from the writer, especially if they will take longer than 2 days to complete the project. Once you don't hear from them, follow up with a simple request to see how it is going. If no reply is forthcoming, wait 24 hours and then follow up with another message/email. It does help to save all the sent messages. After a few days if the writer is giving you the run around and you have politely requested feedback and a reply as to why it hasn't been done, then you are more than welcome to open a Paypal dispute.

They will ask you to write a detailed report of all the steps you have undertaken to solve this with the person. You just have to be honest and can include screenshots and links to the messages you have sent. Obviously don't give them your username or password on DP. They will make their decision and if they find that you have tried to resolve it, and even tried through the resolution center, then they will refund you your money. As simple as that.

So in the end I don't see how you can't get your money back. If I have done it, then it shouldn't be a problem.

sarah_harvey, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  15. D79312

D79312 Peon

Best Answers:
    You must require a down payment of half or more up front and then the last half when certain stipulations are fulfilled and completion. If anyone has a problem with that they will more than likely be a pain. Clients are always so slow to pay and verify themselves that the job is done, you need to make sure you are covering the cost of tour time at the very least.

D79312, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  16. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well actually there is nothing that can be done, that is why take a 50-50 payment

johagulo, Apr 14, 2010 IP