1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do when Google messes up

Discussion in 'Google+' started by Sam Vandervalk, Sep 13, 2013.

I have submitted a business on Google plus. It is Vancouver Island Vacation Rentals (www.vancouverislandvr.com) We filled out all the information and got confirmation in the mail. Everything seemed like it should work. Except the account doesn't show up in the search. I have tried calling and emailing at least 3 times over the past month. Each time they say a ticket will be created to fix it. No dice. We have had 3 calls to confirm the address from Google. Seems really odd. Still nothing going on and it seems Google is hiring foreigners to do shoddy work. Any comments?

Sam Vandervalk, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about Google + for business? From what I understand you need to have a decent following (thousands of people have to have you in their circles and your business has to be +1d a significant amount of times) before you will have a business profile displayed like it's shown on the image here:

feat-thumb-ng.gif

Obviously, they don't want every single business to have their own G+ presence in their searches. Only what they would consider to be "weighty" ones.

But on a positive side, your business is easily found on Google. When I entered Vancouver Island Vacation Rentals you came up #3 in their free listings: https://www.google.com/#q=Vancouver Island Vacation Rentals

As far as shoddy foreigners, I disagree. Google is known for hiring the best of the best. The customer support staff can only do what the rules allow them to do. The algorithm is what dictates which site will get what recognition.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    qwikad.com, Sep 15, 2013 IP