1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do when Facebook hacked

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by jr186, Nov 30, 2015.

Hi all,

I had my Facebook hacked recently: someone managed to get in and change the password for a 24-hour period. I received an email with the IP address, location and the device of the person responsible - is there any way I can go about knowing who did it?

It's happened three or four times in the past few weeks (despite my changing my password multiple times and following Facebook's security advice), and I've asked around people I trust and no one knows anything about it.

I'm very worried about my security and would like to know who is doing this.

Any advice, comments etc. welcome.

Thanks in advance

jr186, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    robyries, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  3. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    There may be some malware or Trojan in your pc or mobile phone from where you are accessing it. They may be taking the cookie from your system and due to it doing the password change. Just update your antivirus and do a full system scan. Hope that helps.

Naina S, Dec 1, 2015 IP
  4. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    report them... and they will help you with the restoration process

Priki, Dec 6, 2015 IP
  5. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree with "Naina S." Your PC may be infected with virus or malware which the hacker uses to get your new password no matter what you change it to. You may need to scan your PC for any viruses/malwares.
    Regarding your Facebook password. You also need to use a strong/unique password that cannot be guessed easily. Try using special characters such as underscore(_), or * asterisk, $, &, % etc. Make it longer if possible.

Benpick, Dec 6, 2015 IP