1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WHat Things Ought I Be Looking For, When Building a Blog From Scratch?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Noitartst, Mar 7, 2022.

I already have an SEO-optimizer lined up as well as a host site from Namecheap paid for; what should I do, and ask for, as this guy guy builds a site for me, to make it productive, and profitable?

Noitartst, Mar 7, 2022 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont understand very well what you mean ,maybe you mean to find a good niche ,the right keywords etc

Spartan14, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You have a business plan, right?
    You know your niche inside out?
    You have your call to action sorted out?
    You have your content planned? written?
    You've decide on your "twist" to make your site different from the established sites?

sarahk, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  4. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    I think one thing to definitely take into consideration in the final theme of your blog/ website. It needs to be clear, up to date, user friendly so organic and paid traffic will be able to find their way around easily.
    Do you have a chosen theme colour, brand or uniqueness you wish to convey?
    Perhaps you might want a side bar? Do you want to be running side ads on it and if so, will you be ok updating it or will you need help?

To make it profitable if you are already familiar with html then that shouldn't be a problem, it not and you need help putting in code to your side bars ie adsense etc., then I would also ask the guy for guidelines before he completes and goes to his next project (if that is the case)
    Things like maintenance as well.

Also will the entire blog be run by someone else or yourself. Will he or you be adding regular content to it, if not where will content be coming from?
    Search engines love regular, relevant updated content, would this be an issue?

Maybe if you haven't got any of this sorted you could ask him what services he will be willing to provide
    Possibly, all things related to SEO perhaps, will you be doing this on an ongoing basis, or will you require help?

Finally, if it is a create service then be sure to get all your questions answered first beforehand.

Hope that is of some help.

Harvey Wolf, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  5. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, I do not "know my niche," per se. I know what I want to do, know my focus, but I have yet to have someone explain to me how to marry my goals to process, here; most of what I have learned, is to study SEO, which I am doing, but I do not understand to to do search terms. My basic question I want to ask an expert is, "If you were me, what would be the steps you'd take? How would you create a blog on my topic?" I'm willing to talk specifics, but there's no one yet to talk to. As to the rest, I can get to that, but let's be clear—I do not read blogs to begin with, even as I want to start one, and there is no anti-appeasement focuser on the right, which I intend to be. THat said, I can't easily network, can I, starting out? As such, I just have to SEO on trending topics, long-tail keywords, but I just don't get the tool process and application. It's overwhelming.

What I am looking for, is someone I can Skype/Zoom with for $10 an hour as I master the research process for a blog. I think that's where I need to begin. There's no one yet to discuss specifics with. (keep in mind my budget's tight, because I am unemployed, and am looking for the right kind of guide/advisor for this project; I'm liable to get lost and lose heart, because need to know when I'm on, or off track.

I know myself, at least.

All things to take into consideration, yes, but my goal is to create a blog bashing the anti-war movement like a rented mule. There a niche for that? Not that I know of, and if not I aim to create one. Okay; where to start? Basically, I just want to work with someone else who knows what he's doing, and gradually take over the process.

Noitartst, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So you do know your niche. Isn't that part of the Q stuff?
    Start reading blogs, not for their content as much as for the writing style, how the content is structured, how they have their calls to action. They could be about raising donkeys for all you care, but you'll see how they build rapport & community, get people to return. Your message will be lost if they only ever read you once.
    still? I thought there was a jobs boom in America?!
    that's why you have a plan and key targets so you know if you're doing ok

sarahk, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  7. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Okay, I came across this blog SEO checklist here: https://thepayathomeparent.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021-SEO-Checklist.pdf

It's a start. Still, how to apply it specifically to my goals and circumstances? I can generate a list of topics for specific posts, but fusing them with keywords, I don't yet get. Firstly, I need to use some sort of keyword-generating search engine for the relevant research, and most are subscriber-based; that makes it a little harder to practice with, and understand how to use such a tool.

I'm just throwing things out there.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    Noitartst, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  8. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Okay, how to practice with keyword research? That seems my main sticking point right now; that can then lead to practice articles based on the research. Thing is, a lot of the keyword search engines recommended by free articles have rent meters stuck on them (I wonder why). There must be a good, free keyword search engine out there, which isn't proprietary; keyword bloggers may give good info overall, but they know how to look out for Number One, and a key way they do so is with proprietary search engines. Seems apparently that I'm looking for keyword-generating tools.

Say that I did set out fifty different blog post topics. I would have to set up a keyword for each one. Hm. For anti-appeasement blog, Ukraine would be short-tail, but "Ukraine invasion," or "Ukraine Russia," would be log, right? ANd then, the challenge would be to look at the articles, and then make interesting blog posts, right?

Upon further reflection, let's assume appeasement our keyword, and riff long-tails from that. would Keyword Surfer, say, be good tool to find them from, or something else? The Iraq Invasion is long gone from the headlines, but can assume some still look up info on it regularly, if in small amounts. I could long tail that that too, but what's good search engine for this?

Note that I might be willing to pay for the right "keyword generator" search engine, but I need to be sure it suits my needs, and and want some sort of track record for it.

Perhaps the right inquiry should be, “What Is the Best Keyword Research Tool/Search Engine for a Beginning Blogger?”

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    Noitartst, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  9. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    If you are building your site from scratch, you first need to define your niche properly and find the one that isn't so saturated and where you have the opportunity to really compete with others and achieve some significant results. Then, you have to do thorough keywords research in order to gather a list of the best phrases in your niche that you will later be targeting in your blog articles. It's also desirable that before you actually start writing, check your competitors and analyze methods they are using especially when it comes to some promotional activities. It's also desirable that you have some kind of a content plan and a calendar so that you can know at every moment about which topics you will write about and be prepared in advance for creating future texts.

VortexAlpha, Mar 11, 2022 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He's already defined his niche - far right warmongers. Could be saturated if he overlaps with the Q crowd but he seems to think there's nobody already peddling his point of view.

sarahk, Mar 11, 2022 IP
  11. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I voted for Hillary in 2016; not exactly far right. in any case, I'm seeking out technical help.

Noitartst, Mar 14, 2022 IP