1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What the hell is going on with my sites?!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ViciousSummer, Nov 4, 2004.

Okay, I'm totally perplexed...My websites: ( www.hustlerpanties.com - www.viciousstyle.com - www.viciousenterprises.com ) rank pretty well in Google, but they rank horribly (if at all) in Yahoo/MSN. For example:

Site: HustlerPanties.com

Google Rankings: #1&2 - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r p-a-n-t-i-e-s", #1&2 - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r j-e-w-e-l-r-y", #4 - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r l-i-n-g-e-r-i-e", #9 - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r u-n-d-e-r-w-e-a-r"

Yahoo Rankings: #55 - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r p-a-n-t-i-e-s", n/a - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r j-e-w-e-l-r-y", n/a - "h-u-s-t-l-e-r l-i-n-g-e-r-i-e", n/a "h-u-s-t-l-e-r u-n-d-e-r-w-e-a-r"

Does anyone have any clue as to why the huge difference?! :confused:

p.s. I had to edit this post because this forum started ranking better then my website... :rolleyes:

ViciousSummer, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    I have the exact opposite problem for one of my sites.

Yahoo #5 for a keyword. Google #75!! Trust me I rather have your problem.

a389951l, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    That's why I'm so confused...Everyone that I have talked to that ranks well in Google, also ranks well (sometimes even better) in Yahoo/MSN...

4. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There're sooo many people whose sites rank well in google, but bad in Yahoo. I track about 100 keywords. most of them rank well in google, but only 5% of them do well in Yahoo.

dejaone, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    nah, not everyone.

I'm mostly in the same situation. I'm a pretty strong #2/3 in google, but in yahoo, I only occasionally come into the top 20, and never top 10... MSN I'm not in the top 20. (however, I'm doing okay in their tech preview... :))

disgust, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  6. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    You may need more text on the page and/or more on-page optimization for Yahoo.

dazzlindonna, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  7. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    It was a recent change that I took the on page text off of my index page and that didn't change my rankings much in either search engine. Besides the on page text, what other ways are there to optimize for Yahoo?

8. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    It's basically the same elements as for Google, just perhaps different emphasis on different elements. Off-page - you need backlinks using correct anchor text. On-page, you need to give the search engines something to devour and digest. For example, you have "lycra hustler boyshorts" on your page, and a search for that does well. (Obviously, this has almost no competition, so it may not be the best example, but still...). Nowhere on the page do I see those specific phrases in the text, much less in bold, H1, etc. Now, pages can rank well without having the specific phrase onpage, however, they usually have strong backlinks with anchor text to make this happen. You have to have at least either one (strong backlinks with anchor text) or the other (good onpage optimization) or preferably both. Exactly what emphasis Yahoo places on each factor as compared to Google, I don't know. But you might want to take a look at your competitors and see what they have that you don't. Might shed some light.

dazzlindonna, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  9. sapphiro15

sapphiro15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could i make a small criticism? The dark grey on red is a bit hard to read! :x

sapphiro15, Nov 9, 2004 IP