1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What tax form should I fill in? Please help!

Discussion in 'Payments' started by harumie, Dec 31, 2005.

I am really confused about which tax form should I submit to. I am actually from Japan and have nothing to do with US tax. But, all my websites are hosted on a US server therfore bit confused whether it will be considered as a US activity.

Please assist me to determine which tax form should I fill in. Is it form 8233 or Foreign publisher with no US activity form??

Please help.

harumie, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  2. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not performing any business in the US, you're not a resident alien, you're not a foreign student, etc. - Form 8233 is NOT for you.

Just because your hosting is in the US, you have no business activity in the U.S. if you reside in Japan, which is also where you physically render your work on your pages, etc.

wrmineo, Dec 31, 2005 IP
    maldives likes this.
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent answer, now what about if the work on the pages are carried out in the US?

maldives, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  4. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's another "it depends" type question and answer. If the site owner is not performing the work and it's sub-contracted / work-for-hire, the physical location of the owner, the business etc. is OCONUS (outside US), it's still not an issue. The only way it would be an issue is if it's a foreign entity with a U.S. presence or business license.

wrmineo, Dec 31, 2005 IP