1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Software is required to Run Python for Google Sitemaps?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by ASR, Jun 9, 2006.

Hi everyone

I want to run a python script for google sitemaps on my webhost but don't really know where to start! I have read I need a program that runs SHH commands? Where would I get a free one that is easy to use?!

Thanks in advance!

ASR, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not wanting to hijack the thread but python can be hard to get. If you are running a content management system then you should be able to generate one using PHP and analysing your database and CMS structure.

If you've coded the site yourself you should find it straightforward.
    If your site is produced by a web development company talk to them strenuously about offering it free or at a license cost (ie you don't for the development, just to use it) to all their clients.

sarahk, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  3. ASR

ASR Peon

Best Answers:
    My site is PHP but I have now read some more forum pages and I don't think python is the way. Google sitemaps will except any sitemap.xml if I understand it right? So all I need do is find a decent sitemap generator, put the page on the web and point google sitemaps to it?

Recommendations for sitemap generators? I'll read more through the forums and find one!

Cheers!

ASR, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  4. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    miko67, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  5. ASR

ASR Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Stuff miko67, have used it and I like it, very easy to use and page limit is not a problem for my site! Thanks Very Much! :)

ASR, Jun 9, 2006 IP