1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What site do you need to make $100/day??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by DomainMagnate, Oct 7, 2005.

What kind of site do you need to make $100/day?

PR5/PR6 or less?
    1000s of indexed pages in google or less than 100 is enough?
    5 years old or just half a year?
    100K visits/month or only 10K is enough?

Your comments are appreciated. Please post all your opinions.

DomainMagnate, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Technically you only need huge number of unique visitors to make that amount.

The problem is pulling that much uniques. With very few pages concentrating on less searched terms you cannot bring that much traffic. Hence the key is creating 1000 of pages each targetting some specific keywords that will bring small to medium number of visitors. In total you will get huge number of visitors that converts well.

On other hand if you know some less competetive niches that will drive tons of traffic for few page sites, it can also bring $$$.

btw, the revenue also depends on what advertisers are paying for that niche. ;)

Generally first approach will be easy to implement. (IMO)

Just my 2C

Tuning, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  3. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Great tips thanks.
    What about the age of the site, PR etc..
    BTW, could you just point on any site that is making at least $1000/month with adsense. Just curious. I don't think it should violate adsense terms or something..

4. obrusoft

obrusoft Peon

Best Answers:
    What's PR4 or PR5 or another PR ?
    Thanks

obrusoft, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure:

h**p://www.familyresource.com
    h**p://www.pregnancy-info.net

Now how does that help you?

You need to be asking better questions then those (they're pretty irrelevant) if you'd like to make some money with AdSense.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  6. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Um, last I checked, high quality content. And of course a lot of visitors.

On the other hand you can try making a crummy mesothelioma site and hope you get lucky! :D

Nintendo, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  7. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    I've yet to hit $100.00 a day but I'm working on it.

A couple of general things. The general equation is:

uniques x CTR x $/click = revenue

In the days of the $40.00 mesothelima click people paid a lot of attention to the value of the click and not much to the question of traffic or CTR. Those days are long gone it seems.

In my end of the world it is a snap to boost traffic by trotting off to the seamier side of the web and posting. Big problem - you get 10,000 uniques and three clicks. Not good as bandwidth is not quite free.

Putting out 1000's of pages with variations on keywords means you are wholy dependent on the search engines for traffic. Great when you are at the top of the SERPS, not so great if you are in the sandbox or on page 24 for your most lucrative keyword.

I remember reading on a forum, and it may have been this one, that the traffic which is worth having comes organically. A bit from search engines, a bit from directories, some from cross links, some from repeat visitors. That takes time.

My own sense is that I will hit the $100.00 over the next six months from a combination of sites which, while they are search engine friendly, are not tweaked to the last keyword. Each is designed to attract people and to have lots of people come back. (And, in my experience, return surfers don't hit adsense but they do their christmas shopping at your Amazon link. In my case that is the difference between a few cents and thirty dollars - which do you think I promote?)

The other thing to recognize is that there are a lot of things about adsense which you simply have no control over. Price per click can vary by 50% in three hours. The ads available for a particular site may run out halfway through the month. Some pages are hated by the mediabot for no apparent reason.

A friend of mine compares running a website with adsense to busking in front of a liquor store. You show up, play your instrument as well as you know how and, if you're lucky, at the end of the day you'll have made some money.

lingeriediva, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  8. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Far easier to build 20 sites that make $5 a day.....

iShopHQ, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  9. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you get soon to the $100/day
    Well, I know what you need to earn it. But the question was more about which sites earn it.

10. aramyus

aramyus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree, but why is it that way ? Many quick made sites look sp***y, so it tend to prove that sp***y sites work better.

To achieve 100$ per day, it'd be more constructive to talk about the earnings per page (or per 1000 pages). From what I can see, they range from 0.5$ to 100$ with average in the 5-15$ for most 'well organized' sites.

End of the day, what counts is the amount of targeted traffic per page, targeted being sufficiently vague to include anything !

All other factors have no direct influence

aramyus, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  11. gdavid666

gdavid666 Guest

Best Answers:
    the secret seems to be those small sites, really just targetted to making adsense money. People target medical conditions, etc, things like that, results in medical companies paying for the banners, and profitable click rates.

I don't know where they are, as I never come across them, but I guess they are there for those looking for specific information, they read up, click onto an adsense to go read some more. That is where the money is.

I have the large site, the established for 2-3 years thing, around 5-6k uniques a day, around 50k page views.. established content... good name, make very little a day so far. If I had 5 of them I'd be making decent money.. but I don't.. yet ;) From current trends it appears as if I am still better off chasing down specific advertisers in my area that will pay $800 for a month's campaign (which I do, so its about 90% 'banners' compared to 10% google income). Get 5 sites that you are doing that, and you are making proper money, and not chasing keywords or building sites every 5 minutes.

Maybe I sound a little jaded I'm not making money, but it seems the best way to make money is just to make a site to make money.. not just build a site you ae genuinely interested in, put on adsense in reasonable prominance, and hope it will make you good money. You've got to change how your site works, which seems a bit silly to me if all adsense publishers are doing this.

gdavid666, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  12. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make a good refresh content for taking highly paying keywords just like say nintendo and for write about mesothelioma, Lung Cancer, accident cars claims ,
    asbestos and lot more. Get Threeway linking and always Update your sites. may wish you make 1000$ in three months. :D

Pammer, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  13. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, from a mathematical point of view adsense clicks are directly proportional to page impressions. You will need to have over a 100 thousand page impressions per day to come close to generating 100 bucks a day in adsense. Which also means you would probably need to have a few hundred thousand visitors monthly.

tesla, Oct 7, 2005 IP
    hexed likes this.
  14. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    _Mike_,

When you stop pondering the questions you posted and start thinking about useful online services to provide to users and how to market them, you will actually be on your way to making 100/day.

As was said above, you can make that with smaller niche sites where there is a decent advertiser basis and keywords pay decent amounts. Don't expect to make it overnight though

Liminal, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  15. a1creations

a1creations Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this site gets $100/day cause lot of $$$$ discussions :D

a1creations, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  16. apnagopal

apnagopal Peon

Best Answers:
    yes may be he get how we can get 100$ a day any idea

apnagopal, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  17. sam1

sam1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol. Stop posting reply in older threads.
    If you are looking for PR, go elsewhere, this is a place to learn not to spam.
    If you really want to know something, better open new thread

sam1, Jul 16, 2006 IP
    Art likes this.
  18. cahaya

cahaya Member

Best Answers:
    im agree with you.... :D

cahaya, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  19. ninewee

ninewee Peon

Best Answers:

I would like to have visitor more 10K.