1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what should this be worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by frenchmen77, Nov 21, 2006.

I'm considering purchasing a website. It makes $5-$6 a day and is low maintenance. It’s 99% certain that the site will continue to make this much for years to come. My question is, what should my initial offer be? I don’t want to go to low and insult them, but I don’t want to overpay. I’ve read you’re supposed to pay 6-12months of the income. So Should I offer somewhere in between 1-2 thousand?

Thanks in advanced for your time :)

frenchmen77, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  2. Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge Guest

Best Answers:
    I would definately say it depends why the money is coming. If it is a viral website or a community based one such as a forum then it is likely it will continue to thrive without much outside influence. If it is solely based on rankings, which can change overnight, be cautious. Also it is important you know which engines the website ranks in, if it is rankings.

Cutting Edge, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  3. frenchmen77

frenchmen77 Peon

Best Answers:
    not based on rankings, its based around a community. So the traffic shouldn't drop off anytime soon

4. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think every sites need to maintain and spend a amount of time consistently and whether the site will continue to make this much or not depends on many factors.

sbongo, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  5. frenchmen77

frenchmen77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying there will be no maintenance at all, just very little. Its a site for a small community of around 200 people. i'm pretty sure (99%) that its not going to die off. So, assuming that it will make 5-6/day for the next year, what should I offer?

6. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    Normally people would offer 10x of montly revenue but it depends on the traffic,referer and other related stats as well.

sbongo, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  7. frenchmen77

frenchmen77 Peon

Best Answers:
    All I know for sure right now is the adsense revenue, I'm pretty sure most of the refers are bookmarks.

and thanks btw :)

8. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    Look for stable revenue for at least a few months and you can check the backlinks using this tool as well.Look out for crap traffic that is used to boost the stats.Images can be fake.

Good luck.

sbongo, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    frenchmen77 likes this.