1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should one normal person do to stop terrorism and innocent killing?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by sportscrazer, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blowing yourself up in a crowded place may work.

ncz_nate, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  2. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bravo your 5-plan pointers! But believe that your 1 and 2 are pretty difficult for implementation, and implementation of nos 3, 4 and 5 is certainly possible. And, if that happens, India will see reformation for better!

And, yes a person who embraces one religion or region cannot be a leader. That is why India produced few leaders, and they are never biased for religion or region; they are for India.

Live2Write, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  3. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think those are good ideas and I hope Goverment can think about it if they have mind rather then playing politics on Terrorism.

Rohit patel, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  4. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that creating connections of endeavor between groups across perceived (national, religious, economic ...) borders will lessen the likelihood of human conflict.

--- Mark Joyner

gauharjk, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This theory has been disproven many times. Please take a look at Education, Poverty and Terrorism: Is There a Causal Connection? for a huge amount of data on this topic.

Here are a couple of excerpts:

• The evidence we have presented, tentative though it is, suggests little direct connection between poverty or education and participation in terrorism.
    • On the whole, there is little reason for optimism that a reduction in poverty or increase in educational attainment will lead to a meaningful reduction in the amount of international terrorism...

Will.Spencer, Nov 27, 2008 IP
    Mia likes this.
  6. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    But your 'theorys' on Islam and foreign affairs have also been disproven countless times, yet you continue to spew the same rubbish. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

ThraXed, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  7. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Convince as many people as you can to stop believing in this ancient, outdated, religious nonsense that has no place in our modern world.

As long as there are people who believe in it there will be people who use it for evil or their own benefit. And there will be people willing to die for it and kill others in the process.

Wake up all their sheep and the people who use religion to rally support for killing innocent people will be powerless.

Imagine a person trying to get people to carry out terrorist attacks without religion.... He'd be laughed at and locked up in prison for life.

GeorgeB., Nov 27, 2008 IP
  8. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i strongly oppose the point as in recent times we've seen total opposite happening,
    today there are 2 major parties in the country,
    one has all the muscle to fight terror down, but a finance minister who has failed India twice.
    the second has the golden triangle of Dr. Manmohan singh, P Chidambaram
    & Montek Singh Alluwalia, but does NOT have what it takes on the terrorism front,

& icing on the cake is both sides have their Vote Bank Politics to play!!!

regoinal parties have shown more courage and determination to move ahead, may it be the countries hot and favourite Lalu Yadav (yes he has a bad past), Chandrababu Naidu, thanx to whom Bangluru is on the world Map for its IT and BPO companies,

and i may be biast here but even Omar Abdullah has the charisma which is deeply required in Indian Politics,

saying only a 2 party politics will make a deadly scenario than it already is,

India does have some Good politicians but at the top level tself,
    the grass root politicians are still currupt and are the ones which need change!

Narendra Modi ... hope i dont hurt sentiments here, has done massive for Gujrat and we do feel jealous at times, .... but he has a unique past, and every interview just evades questions about 2002! .... high ime he came clean, and not expect the country to forgive and forget, ... if he is a leader, and a true leader he should also come clean.

to end it here, We the citizens can talk in the drwaing rooms, chats and discussion forums like this, but unless we come together to create a "Indian Middle class vote bank" our voices will not be heard.

Today we just have the "Dalit Vote Bank" and the "Muslim Vote bank", and regoial vote bank, .... we are in desperate need of "Indian Middle Class Vote Bank"

rememeber it was the Middle class which woke up and shook the foundations of East India Company in 1857, which brought India directly under the Queens rule, and abolished malpractices of the East India company,.... we need to rise again, coz our country is calling us.

Jai Hind,

EDIT: Jagore is a good place to start, Chai peena shuru karo ;)

msolution, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  9. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is good point ,

leandar, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  10. tilak83in

tilak83in Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree naming politicians was not right, but the clauses were genuine and true...Only a better dream in terms of liberal world can bring a change....

Anyway Gauharjk is banned from this website for being racist...

tilak83in, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  11. zahid444

zahid444 Peon

Best Answers:
    just pray for peace !

zahid444, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  12. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A most compassionate and good willed post :)

pingpong123, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  13. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not converting this is what can I do to help. Well I just donated for medical supplies to be delivered my neighbor has sent out care packets, some kids down the street are picking up cans and the cash will help. What can you do??? It is only bound by your imagination

jodyq, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  14. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Educate builders and you will marginalize all the destroyers into non-existence.

earthfaze, Nov 30, 2008 IP