1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should i learn first ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by winas_ben, Oct 31, 2012.

Hello everyone ,
    Im starting to learn HTML as a beginner but im confused if to learn HTMLfirst or Dreamweaver !

winas_ben, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  2. xBlueprint

xBlueprint Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should learn HTML before you use Dreamweaver, so you can understand what Dreamweaver is doing.

xBlueprint, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. MediWorm

MediWorm Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the question like you first learn typing or how to use keyboard! You will go both together. You will learn html and will practice it on dreamweaver

MediWorm, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  4. TechieFoodie

TechieFoodie Peon

Best Answers:
    If you study and learn HTML, using Dreamweaver will be a bit easier. There are a lot of websites that can help you learn HTML and CSS, just Google :)

TechieFoodie, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn HTML. At the same time, learn that Dreamweaver is something you should NEVER use.

Once you've learned HTML, you can write your own HTML in any text editor - and you'll know what's in your file. Letting Dreamweaver write your site is "writing" a site you don't understand, with semantically incorrect code and a lot of garbage that doesn't do anything.

If you want to use Dreamweaver as a text editor, you're wasting about $370 (a good editor for web work is under $50 - or free, if you like any of the free ones, and there are a lot of good free ones).

If you want DW because everything is rolled into one package, remember - the "browser" in DW isn't the same as any real browser. What works in it may work in some, all or NONE of the real web browsers (depending on exactly what it writes for the look you want). And a good FTP client is free.

There are only 2 reasons to use DW:

1) To be able to say that you do.

2) You have too much money.

It's like a broken Patek Philippe watch - it costs a lot more than you have to spend to get the functionality you need, and it doesn't really do the job very well. But it makes some people think you're someone special.

Rukbat, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  6. g r hasib

g r hasib Peon

Best Answers:
    Must be you learn to html and css.
    also used to Dreamweaver or any notepad.

g r hasib, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  7. oFuel

oFuel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Or if you are planning to make simple sites then simply stick with some content management system like WordPress. Otherwise, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver and some server side scripting will all go hand in hand.

oFuel, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    100% absolutely learn how to code HTML by hand before you do anything else.
    Start using a basic text editor, any of them will do. My favourite is PSPad.

Regarding Dreamweaver. It deserves all the hate it gets. BUT... I use it, and I love it. When used in CODE VIEW mode, it's just a text editor, same as all the others.
    I use MACROMEDIA Dreamweaver 8 (from 2006). I could just as easily use any other code editor, but I like the code hints, the coloured code, and built in FTP.
    Never EVER use DW as a drag and drop, WYSIWYG application. EVER. You will never learn anything doing that.

It doesn't matter what you use to write your code ...as long as you're writing it yourself, and not letting the application do it for you.
    Find an application that you like using, and use it.
    http://www.pspad.com/
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Kerosene, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  9. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Learn HTML and use Dreamweaver editor ,
    it can automatically teach you Dreamweaver.

lolpasslol, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  10. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you go and learn how to write HTML markup from scratch without using Dreamweaver and also I recommend to not learn Dreamweaver as you'll most-likely get no real benefit from it, IMHO.

It would be better for one to understand how the things work and how the code looks like. One can use any editor to write HTML/CSS in. For example Notepad++, Sublime-Text 2 etc...

RoseHosting, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  11. henrycarpenter03

henrycarpenter03 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use notepad++ while learning HTML. Notepad++ is much simple and easy to use.

henrycarpenter03, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  12. pink378

pink378 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree with learning html first, in conjunction with notepad++, you won't need dreamweaver.

pink378, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  13. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'd recommend learning HTML first then start using DreamWeaver. A great alternative to DreamWeaver is NotePad++ but if you can afford DW then go for it! I am in love with DW. :D

Mick2012, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  14. redboy73

redboy73 Member

Best Answers:
    As has already been mentioned here, you need to learn HTML and CSS first. There are lots of great free tutorials out there on the internet and there are also plenty of books available which act as great reference guides going forward. Notepad++ is free and is a great tool to use in conjuction with learning both HTML and CSS. Once you get comfortable with writing HTML code, you can always switch to Dreamweaver if you wish.

redboy73, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  15. pstpl1

pstpl1 Peon

Best Answers:
    First you learn basic concepts in HTML. Then is easy to work in Dreamviewer.
    You use some websites like w3school . It is very learn step by step. I complete its tutorials.

pstpl1, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  16. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Dearest one, please tell me more about this Dreamviewer you speak of.

Kerosene, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  17. heliumsquare

heliumsquare Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course html, you can use dreamweaver more powerful if you understand what's the code behind what you're doing. You can do many things on the web if you know how to code with html (even if its very very basic). One of the good things about html is you can edit widgets without being confused of what you see and there's more (which I forgot while typing).

heliumsquare, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  18. Toni91

Toni91 Peon

Best Answers:
    First css and html .Next step some CMS like Wordpress or Joomla.Dreamweaver will just help you to see what are you doing.

Toni91, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  19. ReeBorn

ReeBorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Why need to learn DW ? Just learn html and done.

ReeBorn, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  20. karan1149

karan1149 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Learn HTML and use BBedit. Not only is it a fantastic editor, much more functional than dreamweaver, but it's much cheaper.

karan1149, Nov 8, 2012 IP