1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by newbie00420, Oct 19, 2008.

I have a client that I have never had a issue with, I have designed him a few banners in the past and I give him a really cheap price and never had any issues. I just recently met this guy and in the beginning everything was perfect.

The other day he requested I design him a logo, which I agreed to. We agreed on a price and he stated that was fine. He gave me the details about the logo and I got to work. He has payed me right after I send him files in the past, but not this time. He said he would have to get paid by the client first then pay me (2 hours he said). I said sure, so I sent him the files he said everything looked good and would present it to his client. About 15 minutes later he messages me and says

So I say sure, I make the requested changes and send him the final revision. About a hour goes by with no response from him and he finally signs off without saying anything, every other time he says goodbye or something along those lines. So I head off to bed and think to myself don't worry about it you will have the payment in Paypal when you wake up. I wake up the next morning and check, nothing there. I write him a e-mail asking if there were any problems. About a day later I receive this response
    It just does not make sense to me, one minute you are telling me he loves it.. then he bought another logo elsewhere? Is he trying to pull one over on me or am I over thinking this? I am as nice as possible to my clients, at no point did I tell him none of this was unacceptable, but I have yet to reply to his e-mail. The reason why I made this thread is that this has been happening a lot lately, someone will request work then once it is done they either say something came up or they are never to be heard from again. How should I handle this type of situation? For larger projects I usually ask for a deposit of $10 (which I think is reasonable), or watermark work until payment is made, but I have done business with this customer before,so I thought I could trust him.. please give me your thoughts.

Thanks for reading!
    Jeffrey

newbie00420, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  2. maddest_lover

maddest_lover Guest

Best Answers:
    What I think is customer is always right. So, I think you have to wait for his next action. Just stay calm I guess u will get what u deserve.

Regards,
    ML.

maddest_lover, Oct 19, 2008 IP