1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Should I Do to Make My Site More Attractive to Potential Buyers?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by KingsofCardio.com, Sep 16, 2012.

1. DaveInFL

DaveInFL Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at it with a "visitor" point of view. It looks like your items are sold out because the prices are scored. That would be a start.

DaveInFL, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  2. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found out that your website is lacking Visitor As your alexa rank is 2,140,569 Either your website is new or your website's Facing lots of competion Less

* You should improve website ranking .
    *Monetize your website with ads to make some Extra $$$$$ via traffic :)

24wallpapers, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  3. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    yes that is a sales tactic, beneath every product it says "call 800-990-1108 for today's reduced sales price" - however, the fact that you think they are sold out due to the crossed of price, means that other people do too.

ty for your input Dave.

KingsofCardio.com, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  4. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    How much net profit do you suppose I can earn per month? From what I understand, it would be pennies.

Regarding the lack of visitors, that is exactly why I started this thread. I'm trying to do the SEO on my own and make other improvements on my own. I do not have the $$$ to have pro's do it all.

If I can get visitors, I can eat and pay rent, if not, I'll be in a tough spot financially. The site does have a PR3 so I'm not starting with a pure dud, but time is money and today I made no sales.

Thanks 24wallpapers, but I just don't believe adding ads to my site will be a net positive.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    KingsofCardio.com, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  5. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    how valuable are FaceBook likes? In other words, should I spend time trying to get 200 people to like the page, or is that just so minimal that it doesn't really matter. If Google does not reward sites organically that have say, under 100 Fb likes, then I will save my time trying to get my FB page more likes.

also, does this FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/KingsOfCardio?ref=hl for my site look like a bunch of BS spam, or does it look decent? :confused::confused::confused:

KingsofCardio.com, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  6. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    do you all like the sales countdown timer in the home page banner?

KingsofCardio.com, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  7. gnbvi68

gnbvi68 Member

Best Answers:
    better change it to green which attracts visitors to sales

gnbvi68, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  8. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    are you joking? can you link me to a legit site with a green background?

KingsofCardio.com, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  9. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    KingsofCardio.com, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  10. Magic-man

Magic-man Peon

Best Answers:
    Please do not let your optimism fade because that is last thing you should do. You can check out similar sites like yours that have good business and find out what it is that makes them tick. You can then implement similar tactics and strategies. Marketing requires that we keep trying and improve on what works and drop what is wasting our efforts and time. Good luck.

Magic-man, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  11. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    Magic-man, do you like the countdown timer?

KingsofCardio.com, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  12. manutd1878

manutd1878 Peon

Best Answers:
    point out its US wide free shipping or not.

do you think how many visitors will read these text contents in the footer of homepage? take too many times, and can't catch the point.

I suggest you share some fitness tutorials, blog or video

put some SNS button for customers' need

manutd1878, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  13. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    I have a fitness blog on the home page. You are right about the tutorials or vids, those would appease potential customers and Google's algorithm at the same time.

KingsofCardio.com, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  14. NeilPearson

NeilPearson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I was looking for something online and found a site offering it but without an online way to buy it, I would just copy the model number and go to Amazon, search for it and buy it there.

NeilPearson, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  15. Magic-man

Magic-man Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to think that a countdown timer puts pressure on someone and I do not like un-necessary pressure. How ever if you intend to make quick sales, that would be a function a countdown timer would perform very well. However, I would like to make sure I do not put anybody under pressure to do anything. For instance, if you subscribe to my mailing list, you should do so because you think it will be useful to you rather than the fact that you are running out of time.

Magic-man, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  16. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    George, what is the "story rotator widget" ?

KingsofCardio.com, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  17. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a nice site. But i wonder if users read bottom text at all. Either you should brief it or put it in a separate landing page. Another thing is that "regular price" and "your price" both are striked out. I wonder what is the selling price of each product...

nvidura, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  18. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    it's just a sales tactic. It works b/c it gets people to call and people like to talk to someone when they are getting a 400 pound treadmill delivered to their house. They want to talk about shipping and so on and we can make customers feel like they are negotiating, which they really are, because we will go close to our cost to get a sale. If they don't buy at X price and the price is the reason, we offer it for less, up until we will not make enough profit

KingsofCardio.com, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  19. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    BUMP - please look at site and tell me if you like the new background. the black is gone.

KingsofCardio.com, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  20. NeilPearson

NeilPearson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the sales tactics are misguided. Striking out both prices is confusing. Not being able to buy it online is inconvenient. My experience with the site was looking at "Precor EFX 556 Elliptical Crosstrainer Certified Remanufactured"

There are two prices. $3997 and $2439 both are striked out so it leaves me wondering how much it really is and what other people sell it for. Also I don't see a way to buy it so my reaction is not to call in, it is to check what other sites offer it as.

So I did a search and find that Amazon has it for $1899. $500 cheaper, and I don't have to talk to anyone. People don't like calling in. They don't want to talk to anyone. Telling yourself that people want to call in is just fooling yourself. They want to order online. You don't believe me? I guarantee that Amazon sells more of these than your site does. Why is that? It's partially because of their brand name but people wouldn't know what Amazon was if they forced people to call in to find out the real price or to place an order.

Sure there are some people that might want to call in so that is a great option but I think you are missing the majority of your sales by not giving them an online option

NeilPearson, Oct 29, 2012 IP