1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should I do before building PHP websites?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Ramesh8248, Nov 21, 2014.

I am going to build PHP web application. I want your suggestions to make it easy. Also is it ok to use any PHP framework, if yes then which? Also can anyone tell me the process to make any web application.
    Thank you

Ramesh8248, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your question is far to vague for anyone to be able to give you any real useful advice.
    What is the application for, what features does it need?
    How much PHP knowledge do you have?

malky66, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  3. Ramesh8248

Ramesh8248 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to build PHP application for News related site, but I don't want to use any CMS. I have a good knowledge on PHP but this is first time I am gonna build something big :p
    The problem I have is I don't know where to start. I want to know what process you guys use to make any application.

4. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Practice with different frameworks, learn how they work, and then build your own PHP application from scratch.

cronik, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  5. Ramesh8248

Ramesh8248 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @cronik
    But it will take time...
    Can you suggest me any framework?

6. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a bunch of them, maybe CakePHP or Symfony would be a good start. Also, have you done basic tutorials and learned stuff like this yet: http://css-tricks.com/php-for-beginners-building-your-first-simple-cms/ ? It may take time but you will learn so much more if you play around with different frameworks and basic CMSs. I would start the project of building my own from scratch, but instead of rushing through it, why not get ideas and look at the way other content management systems work in the process?

cronik, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  7. Ramesh8248

Ramesh8248 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you @cronik
    Can you tell me what process you use before starting to build any web application. I mean how you choose steps to reach your goal.

8. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    How long is too long? You are at the point where you don't have anything but a vague idea of what you want to do. What will the database need to contain and what relationship are necessary for optimization? What needs to be contained in cookies and sessions? what is the response time target. What is the expect traffic volume over time. If you have to ask about which frame work to use in combination of not wanting to use a CMS, then see the first comment from @cronik because you are a long ways away from being ready to take on a large application until you have answers, not questions.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  9. Ramesh8248

Ramesh8248 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are right @COBOLdinosaur
    If anyone have more suggestions then please let me know....

10. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    Well I see that you have a clear goal. So why not start with baby steps. You need domain and hosting. Then make the design you like (HTML and CSS) and finally go for functionality (PHP)

Daniel.Thomas, Nov 26, 2014 IP