1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should be post pengun offpage seo strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jobmashcanada, May 26, 2012.

We are very much concerned about the post penguin SEO process. What are the new off page process to build links to retrieve targeted traffic

jobmashcanada, May 26, 2012 IP
  2. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    No spammy link building... Quality linkbuilding related to your niche... Natural indexing is recommended...

ContentVisionz, May 26, 2012 IP
  3. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well first and most important, link diversity.

dudeseo, May 26, 2012 IP
  4. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say Quality Content, Guest Blogging, Submission to QUALITY directories and article directories, few link exchanges related to your niche...

Minterest, May 26, 2012 IP
  5. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality content and natural links. No more keyword stuffing or trying to manipulate your links with stuffing keywords. Just make it all look 100% natural and you will be fine. Avoid automatic systems like the plague.

MrKeh, May 27, 2012 IP
  6. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    The main message of penguin is quality over quantity. One guest-post link from a site in you niche is better than 1,000 comments on irrelevant blogs.

omgcats, May 28, 2012 IP
  7. rws0123

rws0123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dudeseo, I am a little confused about the term "link diversity" ? What is the exact mean of link diversity ? & how link diversity help our websites to get better search ranking after penguin update ? Please guide me, thanks in advanced. :confused:

rws0123, May 28, 2012 IP
  8. atomitservices

atomitservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Avoid bulk submission specially Directory submission. Try keep variation in anchor text and submit one article in one directory with quality back links to your website. Focus on contextual back links. Do blog posting to get back links.

atomitservices, May 28, 2012 IP
  9. andrewaus

andrewaus Peon

Best Answers:
    Submission and posting of links to the quality websites...

andrewaus, May 28, 2012 IP
  10. rws0123

rws0123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi atomitservices, here you suggest for getting contextual back links. I am a little confused about the term "contextual back links", what is the actual mean of contextual back links ?:confused:

rws0123, May 29, 2012 IP
  11. cellington

cellington Peon

Best Answers:
    Avoid privately held networks. Penguin shut many of them down, and is actively hunting the rest.
    Don't pay for back links. Google hates that.
    Don't try to manipulate the SERPs. Not only does Google hate THAT, but they'll "go nuclear" on you. You don't want that.

Don't suddenly get a ton of links too quickly. Grow them naturally over time.
    Build relationships with site owners, bloggers and publishers.
    Carefully curate your content. Manage where it goes, and pull it back if you don't like it there.

Build social buzz with your articles by getting them out there for people to share, like and +1.
    Write your articles for people, not for bots. Bots never buy anything anyway.

I've personally got hundreds of articles on valid websites all around the globe, and my links were not negatively impacted by the Penguin update. In fact, many of my articles have better SERP Position now that some of that spammy crap is out of the index.

Ethical article marketing is safe, simple and effective. It's been around for hundreds of years, and the term has only recently (the past several years) been hijacked by black hat spammers attempting to fool Google and get themselves ahead of the rest of us. It's not fair. It's not right. And we're thrilled every time Google updates their algorithms. We get ranked higher with every update.

cellington, May 29, 2012 IP
  12. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't think the internet is 100's of years old yet....

MrKeh, May 29, 2012 IP
  13. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be sure that you not only vary the types of links you setup but also be vigilant in varying the anchor text. I've heard from others that a 15-20% of your anchors set to your main keyword/phrase and the rest variations of the main one should work wonders. Also, use Web 2.0 properties and articles that link back to your site and then you can direct all of your lower quality links at those rather than your actual site.

freelancewebaz, May 29, 2012 IP
  14. cellington

cellington Peon

Best Answers:
    :D That's funny! Of course, article marketing pre-dates the internet. Remember when writers had to actually submit their work to editors or publishers and then wait, hoping not to get a rejection letter?

Benjamin Franklin accepted articles from others that he published in his newspapers. That was article marketing. The "Op Ed" page of the NYTimes is article marketing. When you ask the local realtor if she will put an article you've written into her monthly newsletter, that's article marketing. Heck, I imagine those who used to draw on the walls of caves even accepted drawings from others who happened to be wandering through the region. :D

After all, Content is King, and has been so for a very long time. Content creation is time consuming and expensive. In many cases publishers are happy to get the content they need to fill their pages and keep their readers/subscribers/members interested, engaged and satisfied.

There's nothing special about the internet when it comes to article marketing, or the practice of becoming well-known and attracting new customers by writing some articles. Why do you suppose those people write for free on the Op Ed page of the Times? It increases their visibility, gets them recognized as an expert, promotes their skills, knowledge and abilities. It helps drive their economic engines.

Of course, the amount of fame you build and the number of new customers you get is limited only by your ability to build relationships with people already reaching your target audience and then to convince them to publish your articles.

Article marketing is a synergistic activity among those who create content, those who publish content, and those who consume content. Only recently has the idea of "those who index content" been a factor in the game. I'm not saying the search engines don't matter, just that they're new to the game is all.

cellington, May 29, 2012 IP
  15. nanvymaben

nanvymaben Member

Best Answers:
    Gain links from your niche and avoid creating spammy links in order to rank high in search engine.

nanvymaben, May 29, 2012 IP
  16. Sarah Bernier

Sarah Bernier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    MrKeh, I've got great content and natural links, but I still got hit hard by Penguin (lost 90% of google traffic on May 16). I did everything manually, and have tons of great content. Since obviously I've still managed to anger the Penguin, I'm worried that I may have accidentally keyword stuffed or something of that nature. Do you know of a resource with specific suggestions for other common over-optimizing mistakes?

thanks, Sarah

Sarah Bernier, May 31, 2012 IP
  17. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Penguin was an onsite update, it didn't have to do with linking.

Trust me, I certainly didn't stop linking.

If you were penalized for linking, it was just poor linking that finally got caught. But it wasn't Penguin.

If your site got hit due to Penguin it was either because of over optimization, terrible site content, terrible site design, large bounce rates, unnatural CTR. Or you were one of the sites that fell victim to Google trying it's best to promote good content, but failed miserably.

It's rather simple to not be penalized. Create sites as though you aren't obviously looking to make money and are following a method. Reduce footprints when linking and make it more diverse and natural.

Panda is still a monster though...So is Dance...

Traditione, May 31, 2012 IP
  18. Sarah Bernier

Sarah Bernier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cellington, How do you feel about article marketing on EzineArticles? Do you think Google views that as spam or as ethical?

Sarah Bernier, May 31, 2012 IP
  19. valen123

valen123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link building techniques would help in this way. and also blogging too

valen123, May 31, 2012 IP
  20. screwlords

screwlords Banned

Best Answers:
    Penguin is a fight against all existing forms of webspam including link spamming/ trading, aggressive overuse of exact match anchor text, submitting to low quality article/ blog directories etc.

So make sure:
    - You have variation in your anchor text
    - You are not buying/ exchanging links
    - Your website is compelling enough to pull natural backlinks
    - You have no over-optimized on-page element

Other than that:

- Stick to white hat, legitimate SEO work
    - Stop any other kind of webspam you were indulged in

screwlords, Jun 1, 2012 IP