1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what should be bounce rate of the website?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by angel83, Jan 29, 2011.

Hi
    I am using Analytics for almost two months , i am still confused with the traffic stats i have installed wassup in the wordpress which shows 1000 visitors per day but when i check stat in Analytics the graph shows less than 1k visitors why so? the second question is that what should be bounce rate of the website? my website's bounce rate is on upward direction everyday? is it favourable or not?

angel83, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  2. TUWS

TUWS Peon

Best Answers:
    I had this issue and how it was eplained to me, and it seems to make sense, Google only count visitors who have javascript installed. If that is true it would explain why an integrated stat counter logs a different number of hits. Another thing there are occassions when GA logs more hits than a Wordpress counter I've np idea why. On my blog GA starts and finishes 1 hour later than Wordpress stats so in my book comparing them both is futile. Just get a nice rosy glow when your WP stats program reports more hits than GA and appreciate GA for it's in depth analysis and knowledge. Neither of them are wrong, their methods are just different. Just to warn everyone these are just my own observations please do not take them as gospel.

TUWS, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  3. jmiil

jmiil Member

Best Answers:
    Average bounce rate depends on many factors and varies in different niches. For some sites 40% bounce rate is a good result, for others - 20% is too low. Just try to make it lower

jmiil, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    GA does more than most stat packages to filter out bots, and to resolve dynamic ips via dropping cookies. It's more likely to be an accurate representation of genuine human traffic. That 'rosy glow' is likely to be a reflection of all the bots that are hitting your site.

magda, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  5. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no correct answer for tracking visitors.
    Problems tracking software need to decide what to record include repeat/unique visits (how long between visits?), caching (on your server as well as other ISPs), whether to use other info such as IP addresses of visitors, bots/robots/spiders/scrapers - and the list goes on.
    Generally Analytics and Adsense report lower numbers than other tracking.
    I prefer to use the free open source Piwik for tracking.
    Bounce rate reflects how many visitors visit then just leave, or do something else on your site - you want it to go down, not up - but maybe just as important is how long visitors stay - if everybody leaves in 0-30 seconds they haven't found much of interest to keep them there.

seafrontsteve, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  6. jonewatson007

jonewatson007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Average bounce rate depends on many factors.
    But according to me if the bounce rate is less then it is good comparison to high bounce rate.

jonewatson007, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  7. joesmith1608

joesmith1608 Peon

Best Answers:
    For a good site bounce rate should be 35% to 45% .Less bounce rate is good high bounce rate bad for a site.

joesmith1608, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  8. D-R-P

D-R-P Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything under 35% is desirable in my opinion. As someone already mentioned, it varies per niche but aim for that level and you won't go far wrong.

D-R-P, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  9. AStateOfLogic

AStateOfLogic Member

Best Answers:
    I personally get about 45% bounce rate. It is a stat that realistically you want to be low as possible but there is of course a realistic limit to how low it can go based on different factors.

AStateOfLogic, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  10. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    the lower the better. If your site has ZERO bounce rate (not very practical) then that means each and every visitors found your site useful and did not leave from the landing page within a specific time.

ameerulislam10, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  11. JazzyRah

JazzyRah Member

Best Answers:
    for Google Analytics 40% bounce rate is ok.

JazzyRah, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  12. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no "ideal" bounce rate despite people always quoting percentages. If you do an amazing SEO job, you might be drawing in people for a whole host of keywords but who aren't interested in your site - in that case, is a high bounce rate bad?

Steve Marino, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  13. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    40-60% is acceptable but more than that should take it in serious....

Atco_Maart, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  14. larendaniel

larendaniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Well other tool which is showing you 1000 visitors per day it counts all hits be it click on images or whatsoever on that page but GA only tracks those pages which are written in JavaScript. And Bounce Rate should be less. It is favorable for a site to go in upward direction everyday. Create a segment for that page.

larendaniel, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  15. norprowebstore

norprowebstore Member

Best Answers:
    Ideally it should be below 30%. Again if you are talking about your blog, where you have affiliate links, then you would want it to be 80%. In other case, if you are talking about a corporate website then the bounce rate should be as low as possible, because a high bounce rate only suggests one of the two things: 1. The visitor has found something he wasn't looking for (means you have optimized for the wrong keywords) OR 2. The content on your page is not interesting enough to gain even a single click there on.

norprowebstore, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  16. owhweb

owhweb Peon

Best Answers:
    The lesser bounce rate you get, the better value you get in search engines. If your website constantly get more than 70 or 80% bounce rate, it means you'll have to go through your website in terms of navigation, look n feel, content, target audience and all.

owhweb, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  17. u4mee

u4mee Banned

Best Answers:
    I’m certainly in favor of using analytics to *help* make decisions. What I don’t think is wise is making decision without truly understanding some of the finer points of what the number might in fact being saying.

u4mee, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  18. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely a bounce rate lower than 50% is a good indication that the site is given enough time by web visitors.. And if it stays that way you don't have to worry, but once it goes up from 60% and up, there might be something wrong with your pages

aira, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  19. will83

will83 Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say 30-35%, but look into the keywords that have a higher bigger bounce rate and see why they are landing on your website and why they are leaving straight away.

will83, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  20. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    usually less than 50% bounce rate is acceptable enough.. though as what the others says, the lower the bounce rate, the better

aira, May 13, 2011 IP