1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what should be a normal keyword density?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by kurkapan, Jul 30, 2009.

what should be the % of a normal keyword density of the main 2-3 keywords of the page? Mine are under 1% isn't it too low?

kurkapan, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  2. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Although google states that keyword density is not essential to websites, they also say that keywords can be used to assist in providing a better chance of gaining visitors to your site. (Strange, but true!)

It depends on the amount of text that you are using the keywords in. Generally, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, a 3-5% ratio should be used.

Also, keywords should be used in the headings and sub-headings, but obviously not the same one's. Example;

That way, you are using a range of keywords covering a broad spectrum without being too repetitive repetitive (joke!).

Do you have a link that we could look at?

FoxIX, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  3. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    two or three percent per 100 words. a thousand word article should have abt 26times the kw.

johagulo, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  4. kurkapan

kurkapan Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot...that is what i thought. now im gonna optimize a little bit :)

kurkapan, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  5. earnindollars

earnindollars Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the keyword density should be maintained at 1 to 3% and not the percent as someone said above. Below 1% is too low and above 3% may be on higher side. I don't know. Its repeatition as FOXix said. You can calculate the difference of percentage and density for the same keyword as different at the following tool. http://www.hcqe.com/keyword-density.htm I used this many times and its certainly useful.

earnindollars, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  6. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2-3% is really good.

wildogre, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  7. jon b

jon b Peon

Best Answers:
    i am too fully agree with your suggestion. 2 - 3% are enough to achieve first position. i am follow this ration but currently i am using this method at content level. how to coount how many words are on the page including ALT, Title, and etc.

jon b, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  8. Sarahpearsall

Sarahpearsall Guest

Best Answers:
    As suggested by my boss it should not be more than 18 keywords.

Sarahpearsall, Aug 17, 2009 IP