1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What security vulnerabilities are addressed by VPN

Discussion in 'Security' started by valen123, Sep 7, 2012.

What security vulnerabilities are addressed by VPN?

valen123, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  2. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    VPNs directly protect the privacy of a communication, and indirectly provide an authentication mechanism for a gateway, site, computer, or individual. Whether you need privacy or not is a function of your business, the nature of what you discuss electronically, and how much it is worth to someone else. Authentication is a side effect, even without IPSEC, because if site A knows it talks to site B over an encrypted channel, and someone else pretends to be site B, they will also have to be able to talk encrypted to site A, since site A expects it and will reciprocate. Typically, the secrets are sufficiently protected that no one could pretend to be site B and pull it off. Again, it comes down to the risk, which is a function of the information you are transmitting. The threats and vulnerabilities are there, in any case. It is very easy to capture traffic on the Internet or on your phone line. Is it important enough information to care? That is the question that most people answer wrong. It is my experience that while people may understand the value of what they have and they may understand the risk of losing or compromising what they have, few understand both at the same time. For more details go through this.
    http://www.comodo.com/home/download/download.php?prod=comodounite

sabrina, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  3. RoadWarriorVPN

RoadWarriorVPN Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Valen123,

Check out our site and read the "Why use a VPN" that will give you a better understanding.
    If you have any other questions about virtual private networking let me know, I'll do my best.
    Thanks...

RoadWarriorVPN, Nov 23, 2012 IP