1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What rights do you give buyers when selling content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zac439, Jul 31, 2007.

1. drkirby

drkirby Guest

Best Answers:
    She has a point, he's got a point.

He's a tad bit arrogant but has a point : - )

Demand is more important than being able to sell when marketing a product. It is infinitely easier to locate a demand, and then selling to that market (which requires good salesmanship by the way to differentiate yourself from the most likely already competitive marketplace) than it is to create a demand, which requires tremendous capital to advertise, brainwash and hammer in people's heads that they need this widget you have.

Cigarettes, alcohol all required tremendous capital and advertising to brainwash people, store owners, bars into thinking it is cool, or it is the social acceptable thing to do. It's not a one shot thing.

This could be categorized as selling. But it is not selling in the sense that a lot of people might think. It has a lot more to do with marketing than anything else.

The faulty assumption that a good salesman could sell anything to anyone is kwrong.

I don't care how good a salesman you are, you will not be able to make a living by selling a freezer to eskimos. You might work like a degenerate for a few months and make one sale or two, but it's not the smart way to do it.

The smart way is to go in the desert.

The same salesman, or better yet a mediocre sales man could do very well I bet by setting shop there.

drkirby, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  2. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol Not everyone possesses the skills necessary to get their point across in a clear, concise way. When these people can no longer defend their faulty logic, they resort to insults. It's the only thing they know how to do at that point.

I'm done. The naysayers can continue doubting their sales skills, contending it's impossible to create demand where it doesn't already exist, while I'll be doing exactly that and spending/saving/investing every dollar I make doing it. :)

latoya, Aug 6, 2007 IP