1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What requirements we need to become editor at DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by rockingdragon, Aug 20, 2009.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Makes you wonder why. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

gworld, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  2. caprichoso

caprichoso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a question you have to be able to answer. As you keep posting here. hehehe
    And about the threads turning nasty. You seem to forget that you insulted me in this very thread. May be those threads turn nasty because of DMOZ editors contribution.

gworld

Posting DMOZ meta-editors pictures without authorization may be against the rules :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    caprichoso, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I find it interesting you say MOST....which is a sign that it does happen to SOME.

Qryztufre, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  4. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I made mistake of not bothering to kiss a** of any of the metas or lying low and keeping my mouth shut so when it come time for my removal nobody cared and metas take everything personal and will remove anyone who gets in their way (this happens even at Wikipedia so at DMOZ where nobody can see what metas are doing and editors have zero rights their power is absolute). Guidelines are so vague that they can be interpreted any way they like and I wouldn't be surprised if I was removed for being found out to be second gunman in JFK assassination. :p

Ivan Bajlo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  5. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Why any editor is removed is a private matter between the editor and the meta community that removed them, and there's no need for any other editor to become involved in speculation, and there's no need to besmirch the editors dignity. So my comment was out of order.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    crowbar, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  6. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no dignity so I don't mind being besmirched but reason why editor was removed is private matter for metas only, removed editors are told only if they know meta willing to tell them otherwise they can only guess (of course unless they were really corrupt but then they don't care beacuse they probably have few more fake editor accounts).

Ivan Bajlo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  7. caprichoso

caprichoso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to push an somewhat old thread up by posting here again. But I think this will add some relevant information for future and further reference.

If you apply for becoming a DMOZ editor and your application gets rejected you will receive an email message with the following text:
    But, you won't be sure why you got rejected. Because your rejection could be caused by one or more of the reason listed in the email.

Why is that? Well, if they issue a detailed email for each rejection they would reveal that many application are discarded because the applicant has a critical point of view about DMOZ. Or he's known to have criticized editors in the past. Or he could become a problem when entering some categories where other editors are administering for their own convenience.

caprichoso, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  8. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    or metas are simply being paranoid beacuse entire World has conspired against DMOZ and everyone wants to destroy it and they must not allow that!

funny how wikipedia is thriving even tough it is much more tempting target for spammers and evil seo (wiki blacklist is getting longer and longer while at the same time it is arch enemy of unique content rich websites which DMOZ is suppose to prefer :rolleyes:

Ivan Bajlo, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  9. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    if they issue a detailed email for each rejection that emails aren't '' detailed for applicant's '' it's only emails send out by them , and they are similar with all other public made things , are just pre-made automatically sent emails , nothing wrote on them , it's like an vacancy answer from your email (* you can test it if you don't know how it's works .... simply write the text and anyone who will write you an email will get the automatically reply :) ) . They never send out '' detailed email '' :) it's just a pre-made text .... it's like Jim's posts ... always same text's copy/pasted everywhere where he can :)

trustnobodynever, Sep 9, 2009 IP