1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What requirements do lage databases have?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by iago111, Jan 2, 2021.

Hello I read in a freelance job description the following:
    I have implemented php+mysql mostly with dummy data in order to learn queries, the db structure etc..,
    I mean what is specific about huge databases concerning structure, implementation, usage? I guess large databases also require data storage management, backup solutions etc..

Thanks, iago
    SEMrush

iago111, Jan 2, 2021 IP
    SEMrush
  2. brandon_wallace

brandon_wallace Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the most important thing is to design your database well for the information it will contain. After that it is just the amount of storage space you have. What you can do is make a test application and find a way to get lots and lots of people to use it then see what happens. Another thing you could do is generate fake data using https://mockaroo.com/. There also have to be some books out there or large databases you could check out.

brandon_wallace, Jan 12, 2021 IP
  3. iago111

iago111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that it is like that. Have you ever worked on such a large-scale project?

iago111, Jan 14, 2021 IP