1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What really gets you up the Google rankings?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Marlet, May 23, 2009.

1. Tripl3Six3s

Tripl3Six3s Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that the best way is SEO, but you can increase your traffic tenfold by using good SEO with some linking tenchniques

Tripl3Six3s, May 25, 2009 IP
  2. Marlet

Marlet Peon

Best Answers:
    This is actually a good point. I think because you are drawn into going to the one keyword you tend to use the same anchor all the time. This may explain on or two things aswell :)

The point about keyword density was also something i seemed to have overlooked. Changes have been made and hopefully they will bear fruit soon enough.

Thanks all for the input so far!

Marlet, May 25, 2009 IP
  3. webitgeek

webitgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a recent article I posted called "Ten Steps To Building A Successful Blog" that just might help. It's all about Link Development in the end. See it here. http://webitgeek.com/ten-steps-to-building-a-successful-blog/

webitgeek, May 25, 2009 IP
  4. BLK-Staff

BLK-Staff Banned

Best Answers:
    Only high PR or PR0 backlinks helps up in the SERP.

BLK-Staff, May 26, 2009 IP
  5. redalfa

redalfa Peon

Best Answers:
    google ranking algorithms are constantly changing, PR is not the most important factor!I think there is only one change in the core, that is, the identification of better quality articles, High-quality articles in the top of search results , to enhance the efficiency of search!

redalfa, May 26, 2009 IP
  6. straightshooter

straightshooter Peon

Best Answers:
    Anchor text in do follow back links. Links are King - Content is Queen. It's a popularity contest the more links (votes) you have then the more Google pays attention. Actually the more quality links you have is more important than number of links

straightshooter, May 26, 2009 IP
  7. lenivie

lenivie Guest

Best Answers:
    Getting more and more back links.. Use these SEO strategies to get more back links:

- article submissions
    - blog commenting
    - book marking
    - classified ads
    - directory submissions
    - forum posting
    - link building
    - press release

lenivie, May 26, 2009 IP
  8. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what type of links your getting....

If your getting links from blog comments, footers, blogrolls, forums... these type of links are not worth a whole lot anymore..

Why?

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!

These methods are too easy for the algo to detect and discount automatically without human intervention

James Dean Nash, May 27, 2009 IP
  9. 802networks

802networks Guest

Best Answers:
    Think about the top sites. They generally have relevant and useful unique content. A lot of people around the net are talking about the site and it's content (and in that effect posting links to content on the site). There tends to be a lot of google searches for the content and a lot of users clicking through to the content. If your site reacts the same way, you will do well. Artificially trying to boost SERPS will help in the short term but with every Google update, they get better and better at filtering out the irrelevant and useless. If you build quality, Google and traffic will come and continue to come.

802networks, May 27, 2009 IP
  10. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Peon

Best Answers:
    how about doin lil more analysis on ur competitors and why they comin up and nt you like claywalsh said... u could even use their keywords :p
    try adding more of your keywords in ur meta titles and page description.. interlink your pages.. mayb could use keywords as the links.. its useful... and whenever make changes on your site do submit ur sitemap to google..

Daffy Duck, May 28, 2009 IP
  11. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't shock me to learn that Big G eventually leverages Analytics to check bounce rates on sites using the Analytics code and factor that right on into your SE rankings ;-)

One thing that works for me.. I want to be vague to discourage the overly lazy... but.. I'll put it this way...

The ever-fabled 'long tail keyword phrase' matched with a good domain name? Did wonders for me, personally... got #1 on a high traffic phrase... held it for the life of my site... had 230k other results returned by G when I built the site.. within 2 months there were 4.8million returns for the very same phrase.. Tons of irrelevant sites suddenly had that phrase crammed into totally irrelevant sites..

I play fair and in that instance, it paid off :)

GlowStormLion, May 28, 2009 IP
  12. FreebieJeebies.org

FreebieJeebies.org Peon

Best Answers:
    long-tail keyword phrase? I'm sorry, I'm only just learning, and little phrases like this keep tripping me up when I'm trying to get tips from reading around.

Thanks

Amy

FreebieJeebies.org, May 28, 2009 IP
  13. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Amy: A keyword is something you type into a search engine such as "dogs" or "motorcycles", etc. You probably already know that, but just in case! Long-tail is essentially a phrase you'd type in like "How to make chocolate chip cookies" or "ways to save money on car insurance"... they're more specific so traffic from them is generally lower (or can be, at least), but they're also going to bring more targeted visitors... so if you design a site with long tail in mind you're catering to a very specific segment of searchers.

That's the concept, as I understand it :) And, in my experience, it can be pretty lucrative for PPC (pay per click ads like Google AdSense)

GlowStormLion, May 28, 2009 IP
  14. goodfta

goodfta Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say backlinks and content are king, have a relevant page thats updated often. Also press releases and articles are the best and most cost effective thing you can do, you can whip up a solid press release and submit it to many sites, same with articles.

goodfta, May 28, 2009 IP
  15. dsfreid

dsfreid Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a new one to me. I really started to shake :eek: when I read your comment. Is anyone else aware of this?

Please pipe in...

dsfreid, May 28, 2009 IP