1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what purpose we use sitemap and how to i insert to my site ?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by ayushi infotech, Feb 24, 2011.

i know little about sitemap.xml but i want to know more what purpose we use sitemap and how to i insert to my site ?

ayushi infotech, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To help search engines index more pages faster. Here's some xml sitemap tutorials on how to create sitemaps, FTP upload (what you mean by "insert" I think) etc.

websitetools, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  3. ACME Squares

ACME Squares Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site is well designed, it probably won't add much, but I did recently get some images indexed that weren't otherwise discoverable by search engines.

Announce your sitemap in robots.txt
    Sitemap: http://example.com/sitemap.xml

Full URL. Google totally ignored mine until it was.

ACME Squares, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    In a sitemap you place all of the links of your site that you want the Search Engine to know about and the pages that you want seen in the Search Engine results. These would normally be the pages that are very deep in your site that would otherwise be missed by the crawlers when they visit your site. You upload the sitemap in an XML format to the root directory of your site and then manually submit it to Search Engines like Google via Google Webmaster Tools.

unknownpray, Aug 24, 2011 IP