1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Position Is The Best To Have Your Ads?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by LoudMarketing, Jun 24, 2014.

I've recently started to advertise with Google AdWords and I was just wondering what the best position is for you Ads? I know that the higher the position could possibly get you more traffic but the CPC would be higher and a lower positioned Ad would cost less but get your less traffic, but I just need some helping figuring out which positions are better and why?

I look forward to any advise! :)

LoudMarketing, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  2. Dharmik Rajput

Dharmik Rajput Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As you already know in Adword the Ad shows by Google as per its quality score and bid amount. And if you have your ad in first three then it will more beneficial. Still, I would like to tell you that only the bid amount is not responsible for get high rank the quality score also important. So try to follow the guidelines and get higher rank with quality keywords which will give you some conversation, too.

Dharmik Rajput, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  3. LoudMarketing

LoudMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm aware that a high quality score can also get my a higher position as Google will see the Ad as being more relevant to what the customer wants (and providing the information that the customer wants is the main aim of Google). I was just wondering what position is better? Is it better to be at the top of the Ads or another position? I've noticed that I sometimes get better results being at a lower position.

LoudMarketing, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  4. Dharmik Rajput

Dharmik Rajput Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is difficult to assume that on which position you will get better results. Because the first thing is your ad will not be shown permanently on the fix position. Second, we cannot just that where will the user will go to click, as you already know most of the users are not click even any adword links. And as we have the campaign with broad match keywords, then also the position will be shown different.

Still, if you want to check any position they just keep different keywords with unique keywords in various campaigns and put the bid high to low, so maybe you can show the position of your keywords as well the benefit from it.

Dharmik Rajput, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  5. SmartWebAds_

SmartWebAds_ Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with the higher position.
    The lower one can certainly work if the website is arranged in such way that its users are really likely to scroll to the bottom.
    Also, you can look at different elements on the page. Might be, there is something that goes well with your ad, and its position's not a top one.
    This is provided you know which websites will display your ad.

SmartWebAds_, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  6. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    In our opinion, it is recommended to do AB TESTING on the same budgetto check your position, up and down, see what is better to you, and where to get the best ROI.

WMADV WEBMEDIA, Jul 3, 2014 IP