1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What news are you sick of hearing about?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Jul 26, 2009.

For my news, I check Google News daily. I'm so tired of seeing story after story about how Palin resigned, it's being discussed over and over, and I just don't want to hear about it anymore. I'm also tired of reading about the swine flu, Obama's "stupid" remark, and pretty much anything that has to do with Michael Jackson.

What news are you sick of hearing about?

Rebecca, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You've said it. All of the above cause me nausea.

Blogmaster, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  3. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything except the Jackson story, because I still want to know the Cause of Death.

But yeah, enough coverage over the Airhead that doomed the McCain bid for the White House. If he was "smeart" he would have chosen someone else - not Ms. "Polar Bears aren't endangered, they're just unlucky!" Enough with Squaw Shoots-wolf-from-plane.

It should have been McCain - Goldwater (fmr. rep. Barry Goldwater Jr.)

Jackuul, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  4. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use BBC only because that's the source for my 'Latest Headlines' tab under my address bar. Usually interesting, relevant news that isn't repetitive.

Any time I turn on the tv it's stupid sh!t, it's like they copy all the stuff from aol.com's front page, except a little more political, "oh did you see the first lady's new outfit?!". Who the f%ck gives a damn, I really could care less if she dresses up in a hot dog costume, who does it effect?

It's the celebrity gossip type of stuff that irritates me. The media could be reporting on thought-provoking stories, educating us on stuff we're ignorant too, shedding light on possible future problems, ya know.. trying to make the world a better place. But instead the outlets compete for the dumbest viewers.

That's why I watch Discovery channel, History Channel and Travel channel. I never intend to but when i flip through to see what's on, why is it that these 3 always have interesting programs and the rest is some dumb, "omg hollywood success stories lolz". Discovery channel should create a news department.

Pretty soon though it won't even matter, the internet is gonna destroy these retarded media companies. Nobody wants to hear their stupid sh!t anymore, and as soon as a good competitor emerges, everyone's gonna be there.

Just writing all this makes me wish a tidal wave destroys Hollywood.

ncz_nate, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Swine flu. I don't know how many times the idiot masses need it explained to them that it's influenza A, they had variants of it before and probably had worse cases. Of course, being the idiot masses, they don't look at the facts, they just get hysterical and reactionary.

stOx, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  6. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    It's money for the pharmaceutical companies. They fund the news, they lobby the government, and they are as big and bad as the Military Industrial Congressional Complex. You got to got to get your vaccine! Pump pills! Swallow swallow! Don't waste a single one!

I take no medicines.

Jackuul, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am also pretty tired of hearing about the ozone layer.

Blogmaster, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  8. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    Sarah Palin causes involuntary eye roll.

That chick is so irrelevant. How is a Republican Governor from ALASKA who thought Africa was country have anything significant to contribute to society? I think the only contribution Sarah Palin has to offer is a prime time slot on cable television, for the next reality TV show, "The Irrelevant Life". I am actually willing to bet that within the next 10 years Sarah Palin will be a contestant on "Dancing with Stars".

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    anglefourfivemedia, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  9. Rumata

Rumata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really sick and tired of iPod/iPhone news...(and all the other "i" products). iPod this iPod that... It is just a piece of freakin hard drive with decent design and mp3 playing software installed. At least don't put it under Science/Technology category!! The only category these "news articles" fit is "Advertising"

Rumata, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  10. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    I 2nd that...

and bing.com/google comparisons is also causing serious yawns.

anglefourfivemedia, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  11. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Live in my own world ..... sometimes read the headlines in yahoomail.
    Don't need more :)

gsv13, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  12. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're not forced to read the stories or watch the programmes. Don't see what the issue is.

Ryan6, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Sick of hearing the Gates arrest story. There have been way too many press conferences about this, from the police, to the lady that called 911.
    I didn't see this much uproar the last time I was arrested for no reason,and I'm tired of hearing about his.

hmansfield, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  14. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    I m so sick of hearing about holocaust news, even though I highly doubt the numbers, and for some reasons there are big restrictions on those who try to investigate it, it happened, but what makes it different than the genocide of millions of Romas (gypsies), Jehovah’s Witnesses, and others in Germany in ww2?

what makes it different than the Native Americans genocide? or Rwanda genocide? or Yugoslavia genocide?

of course I m not happy with any of these, but I am also not happy to see the holocaust tragic event used to commit other crimes.

imad, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  15. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am sick of seeing the Dam Michal Jackson crap he was a Worthless Pedophile and who gives a shit if a 'Doctor' Gave him some drugs, In my opinion if that did kill him that doctor should be considered a hero for getting rid of that worthless thing.

ChrisMiller, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:

Damn:eek:

...and a bitch thread is born.

hmansfield, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  17. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Don't feed the trolls.

Jackuul, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  18. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, here we go. This is the "top story" in Google news today, "911 caller in Gates case hurt by racist label." Extra Extra Read all about it! News Breaking story : 911 caller gets there feelings hurt!!

LOL:)

Rebecca, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  19. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Holocaust news... wasn't that news like 60 years ago?

ncz_nate, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  20. coun_vincent

coun_vincent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think there's too manys things ...........but by the way who cares

coun_vincent, Jul 30, 2009 IP